Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Guwahati – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Pioneers and Partners – Syed B Rehman and Shah Syed Samadur
- RUNNER UP: ASEB – Arnab Chakraborty and Bhaskar Chakraborty
Regional Round Questions:
1.Fill in the blanks:
____ ___ ______
We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served as shareholders and in all other ways by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains.
Ans. Do No Evil
2. Turnberry Golf Resort. Who is the owner?
Ans. Donald Trump
3. In 1889, which flexible, transparent substance replaced paper and made moving pictures or moving possible? (Hint: 9 letters)
4. According to a research conducted in 2014 by ESPN The Magazine nd Sporting intelligence found which football club’s average annual wage the highest in sporting world ahead of New York Yankees and LA Dodgers?
Ans. Manchester City
Ans. Tata Steel
[1. Jamsetji Tata was born in Navsari ,then part of the princely state of Baroda.
2. Tata Steel commercial
3. Bombay house is the registered office of Tata Steel.]
6. The earliest known manufacturer of what alcoholic drink is perhaps Lucas Bols, who made it in a distillery called the Little Shed, outside Amsterdam in 1575?
7. In early 2014, which famous B-school launched the world’s first 24/7 radio station on business strategy and management which is broadcast to millions of subscribers through SiriusXM, the world’s largest radio service, and features prominent business leaders, public figures, and faculty members?
8. Identify the Logo?
Ans. Food Corporation of India
9. This is the world’s only independent source of maritime market information for the trading and settlement of physical and derivative shipping contracts, and London’s Virginia and Maryland coffee houses in Thread needle Street.
Ans. Baltic Exchange
10. This is a theory that states that during periods of recession or economic downturn, consumers will eschew purchases of big-ticket luxury items and seek material solace in smaller indulgences, such as premium __________, and rightly called __________ effect. (Hint: 8 letter word)
[1. Chennai Super Kings : Aircel is the main shirt sponsor of Indian Premier League cricket team.
2.Theatrical trailer of the film Mary Kom : Mary Kom is the brand ambassador of Aircel.
3. Aircel was founded by C Sivasankaran]
12. This is Luis von Ahn. Which company was founded by him?
13. It has its roots in the 19th century, when the US pharmacist Theron T _______ introduced a witch hazel-based “wonder product” known as _______’s Golden Treasure. What?
14. Connect the Indian Born entrepreneur.
Ans. Ram Shriram
[1. He is a founding board member of Google
Amazon ad: He earlier served as an officer of Amazon working for Jeff Bezos.
Shriram started Sherpalo,a venture capital firm that invests in promising new disruptive technologies]
15. _________money or ________currency is money whose value is not derived from any intrinsic value or guarantee that can be converted into valuable commodity (such as gold). Instead, it has value only by government order.
Ans. FIAT money
16. In the 1970s, it started as Children’s Bargain Town, as it began to grow its mascot’s family too grew with the introduction of wife Gigi, and their son and daughter Junior and Baby Gee. Figure either the company or the mascot.
Ans. Toys“R”Us and Geoffrey the Giraffe
17. This is Mr. Manal. Which company was founded by him?
18. In London, who is required to pass a training test based on The Blue Book, with preparation time being between 2-4 years? (Hint: 4, 6 letters)
Ans. Taxi Driver
Ans. M S Dhoni
(1. He got a job of a ticket examiner in South Eastern Railway
2. Sourabh Ganguly talking about him
3. Nagarjuna is a key member of Mahi Racing Team India)
20. The book was written about which iconic company?
21. Retlaw Enterprises, later named WED Enterprises (WED) , was privately held company owned by the heirs of which icon and businessman?
22. Identify the logo?
Ans. Y Combinator
23. Who was the most expensive soccer player in Scotland in 1967 when Rangers paid £65,000 for him?
Ans. Alex Ferguson
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL, Bhopal