Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Bangalore – Regional Finals Questions
ICAI – Vijay and Mohit Jain
- RUNNER UP:
Christ University – Himadri and Vishnu
1. Identify the word that comes from the Latin word Cifrao and contains two vertical strokes called Sangreal.
2. This was approx. 3.5 inches long made of paraffin wax created in 1644 AD. From the the Latin word Creta (Earth)
3. It was called as “sausage poison” and “fatty poison”, because the bacterium that produces the toxin often caused poisoning by growing in improperly handled or prepared meat products.
4. This institution was established in 1925 as a hospital of sorts and later went on to attain deemed university status.
5. Draisine, Bone Shaking, Colombia Expert, Rover are all earliest types of what?
6. How did Iceland draft its constitution in 2011 ?
1. Identify the person.
2. Logo of?
Cricket Club of India
3. Visual of ticketing code used for FIFA WC 2014 at Brazil.
Time being used as a currency in the future (Idea from the movie – In Time)
5. What is unique about this type of door?
Energy Generating door, to be used in hotels etc. in future.
1. Expand TRF.
Tata Robins Fraser
2. Delhi Vidyut board [Buzzer Pressed]
3. Where can one find ‘Darshan’ channel?
4. Which brand makes super fibres?
Sonata Super Fibre
1. Question on Cuppa.
2. Question on BJN Group.
3. Question on BEML.
Questions collectively contributed by Mr. Sharath Babu, currently working at AIG, Mr. Vinay Mudaliar, currently working at Aditya Birla Minacs and Mr. Himadri Banerjee, student at Christ University.
Vinay comments that, there has sudden been a major dip in participation in Bangalore, and the teams were far less compared to previous years. However the quality of the top 12 teams were brilliant!
In a small chat with Vinay and Pickbrain after the quiz, Vinay appreciated Pickbrain for his commendable hectic hosting of 34 cities. And a quick response came, “Some weight loss is happening now”. Pickbrain on lighter note bid goodbye and joined his entire family who had come to witness the quiz!