Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Eastern Zonal Round Questions
- WINNER :
KIIT Bhubaneswar – Omkar Amruthanshu and Sagar Saurabh
- RUNNER UP :
IIM Shillong – Debarun Majumdar and Rahul Gupta
Round 1—Global AtTENtion:
1. What are pocket copters?
A. Drones to deliver packages
2. Dao Egbert’s Coffee vending machine is promoted with the tagline”Bye,Bye,Red Eye” Why?
A. Vends coffee and can also detect if you have red eyes because of sleep deprivation, if so coffee is free
3. Which now famous person took a certificate course in Ethical Hacking from an institute in Patel Nagar, New Delhi?
A. Edward Snowden
4. What are ESRB Ratings?
A. Ratings for video games
5. What did Johannes Gutenberg do?
Invent the printing press
6. For this most commonly used article is “Gelatin”, the british usea mix of ”Poly vinyl Alcohol and Dextran” What?
A. Gum behind postage stamps
Round 2—Visual Potential:
1. The image you see is a profession which no longer exists called “Knocker Uppers”. Who were they?
A. Human Alarms, their job was to wake up people!
A. Steven Gerrard Hotel
3.Hotel”Pallasio De Sal”, what is special about the hotel?
A. Hotel fully made of Salt for rejuvenative therapies
4. Explain the sudden rise in the stock price of DY Corporation?
A. Stock index movement of DY Corporation on South Korea bourses owned by father of “Gananam Style”singer Psy, stock price shot up after the song came out.
A. Image of a truck on which recopies are delivered by the Jeopardy super computer “Watson”
A. “Cortana”—Microsoft’s SIRI equivalent.
Round 3 TATA World:
1. What is Project Rishta by TATA Steel?
A. Sex education and gender sensitisation among rural communities where Tata Steel work’s in Orissa
2. This massive photo voltaic installation was done for a Jindal group company at Chitradurga in Karnataka, a place known for bright sunlight round the year, Which TATA company did the job?
A. TATA Solar
3. Farm Grow and Farm Grow G are granular products frm which TATA Co?
A. TATA Chemicals
4. Which TATA co own these brands Buy Junction, Value Junction?
A. M-Junction, Metal Junction.
Round 4 – Think Tenfold:
A. Bit Coin
A. Tony Fernandes
A. Nandan Nilekani
A. Indian Coffee House
Round 5. Rapid Intent:
1. What innovation was made in Dominique Ansel Baker, NewYork?
A. Cronut (croissant-doughnut)
2. An insulin delivery system for Diabetes in India.
3. Record holders – Kenneth Wayne “Ken” Jennings III, Nancy Zerg, Brad Rutter – at what?
Questions contributed by Mr. George Mathew, a lawyer working with a Bank. He is a quiz enthusiast.