Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Jalandhar – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
GNDU Amritsar – Aryan Singh and Siddharth Attri
- RUNNER UP :
Lovely University – Praneeth Sai and Anmol Upadhyay
Cut-off for Wild card round was 15 and Final round was around 17-18.
1. A measurement of a country’s trade in which the value of goods and services it imports exceeds the value of goods and services it exports. It is defined by a term CAD. Expand CAD. (Hint given: India currently in news for this and Singapore is one of the country facing this situation)
A. Current Account Deficit
2. Whose twitter account? His tweets are signed as “bo” and he also has a dog named Bo.
A. Barack Obama
3. It is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer who was in news for an attempt to trademark letter ‘Z’.
4. Identify the personality:
A. Siddharth Mallya
5. It is the rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds. (Options were given)
A. Repo Rate
6. Question on Pashmina Shawls. Cashmere wool and Kashmir were few of the keywords.
7. It is a Mexican chain of movie theaters. Its name means City of Cinema and its slogan is La Capital del Cine.
8. Logo of?
9. It is a global skin and body care brand whose name comes from a Latin word meaning ‘snow-white’. (Hint given: Popular white cream)
10. Who purchased The Washington Post newspaper in 2013?
A. Jeff Bezos
11. A 50:50 joint venture between BBC Worldwide and The Times Group.It has organized and sponsored the Miss India beauty pageant since 1964. Identify the magazine.
12. Logo of?
A. Google Play
13. First Indian product to receive a GI tag(Geographical Indication)?
A. Darjeeling Tea
14. Relate a company to Zeitgeist .
15. It is a plain-woven textile made from unbleached, and often not fully processed, cotton. Originated from the city of Calicut.
16. Logo of?
A. Comedy Central
17. Software which is mainly used for vouchers, financial statements, and taxation in many industries, and has specialised packages for retail businesses. (Hint given: Used by people who do accounts)
18. Popularly known as American Way Association.What?
19. Which is the world’s largest biscuit brand by volume?
20. Advertisement for?
Questions contributed by Rakshit Sood. Rakshit is currently Convenor of the Thapar Quizzing Club part of the Literary Society at Thapar University,Patiala. He has an avid interest in reading and quizzing. He also loves cricket, Hollywood movies and TV shows. He recently placed third at the Jalandhar round of Tata Crucible Campus Quiz 2014.