Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Northern Zonal Round Questions
- WINNER :
BITS Pilani – Sahil Gupta and Tanay Shankar
- RUNNER UP :
IIT Kanpur – Shubham and Arnab Ghosh
Round 1 (Global Attention)
1. This company- In 1969, Neil Armstrong spoke his famous words “one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind” from the Moon
2. Its a product of everyday use- has a bezel, crown, stem, hairspray, case and hand.
3. The eternally favourite- Amul Muppet on Jan 18, 2014 – ‘Ruk jaana hi naahi’. In tribute of?
A. The last unit of Maruti 800
4. These are the largest selling bangles in Africa- brand represented by a number.
5. First ever product was a anti- parasitic substance called santonim. Pele was a model at one point. Known for the varieties they offer. Barack Obama was their famous employee
A. Baskin Robbins
6. It was 10 inches long and dubbed “The Brick”.
A. Dr Martin Cooper- 1st mobile phone
Round 2 (Visual Potential)
1. Dermatologist, Dr Christine known for bringing a unique ointment.
A.No marks cream after surgery
2. Merger in the world of media.
A. Omincom and Publicis.
3.Registered trademark- TN Regisatration Act- Emblem derived from this.
4. What is this? Derived after Betty Naysmith, housewife, used to make mistakes.
A. Correction fluid
5. In technology, what are these implants?
A. Electronically authenticated password system.
6. Person – Clive Palmer. His design is going to recreate an iconic entity.
Round 3 (TATA World)
1. Tata company- a pride of India- now, a winner of contracts for the British railway infrastructure project
2. Titan Eye+ – specific trending range for 25 to 35 age group- latest global trends. Branded as?
A. Titan Glares
3. Tata Communications- recently announced the world’s first LTE roaming service ‘Sparkle’. Which entity’s arm is Sparkle?
A. Telecom Italia
4. India propelled by youth, values right. ‘Do right’ is the motto of this company.
Round 4 (Think Tenfold- Lateral Connects)
A. United Artists
A. RK Laxman
Round 5 (Rapid Intent)
1. Asked to support Obama this person said- ‘He is a rock star. It’s fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don’t think he will win Florida…..but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him.”
A. Rupert Murdoch
2. First Clue – Device manufactured by HTC Corp (Taiwan). Became available on Jan 15, 2010;
Second Clue – Development of the phone was codenamed Eclair.
A. Nexus (One)
3. Bought a subsidiary of an Italian giant owned by Felice B. in 1969. Into bottling water and glass bottles.
Questions contributed by Mr. Subhodeep Jash. Subhodeep is a lawyer, working in the field of public policy and research.