Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Ranchi – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
NIT Rourkela – Nishant Nihar and Wasim Sajjad
- RUNNER UP :
VSSUT Burla – Bivash Rath and Sanket Tripathy
1. List of services offered by this organization was provided. Which iconic Indian organization provides these services?
A. India Post
2. “All in One Rhythm” is the official slogan for which mega event of 2014?
A. Football World Cup 2014
3. The earlier logo of this company was a dog which was quite dear to all, however an animated dog has replaced it in recent years? Which iconic brand which changed its logo form the image of a real dog to an animated one?
A. Logo of HMV; From Nipper to Gromit
4. Cover of Femina magazine featuring Kareena Kapoor on the occasion of Womens Day.
5. The word X is derived from Sanskrit term padāṁśa meaning ‘quarter part’, from pada ‘foot or quarter’ and aṁśa ‘part. Wha is X?
A. X is Paisa
6. Which international giant’s engineers helped in the construction of the first hydroelectric dam in India?
A. General Electric
7. “Khazana” is the official investment arm of which Asian country?
8. Which Indian God is represented on the logo of Zandu?
9. The company had earlier presence in India via a joint venture, but now it is in the markets alone. Name the company which has brands in India such as “Kizashi”?
10. Vasundhara is the logo of which Indian company?
11. The famous mermaid in Copenhagen was commissioned to be built by the head of which brewery’s owner?
12. [Print advertisement] Which fashion retailer’s advertisement?
13. What was built to protect the northern boundary of the New Amsterdam settlement (consisting mostly of the French speaking Walloons) from attacks from various Indian tribes, New England and the British?
A. Wall Street
14. “Screw it lets do it” is a book by which famous business mogul and entrepreneur?
A. Richard Branson
15. Friendship day was made popular by which company?
16. Old logo of which company?
17. The Company, which began as a joint venture agreement between Priya Exhibitors Private Limited and Village Roadshow Limited in 1995?
18. One of the founders of this company was a good friend of Micheal Faraday, and a recipient of the Faraday Medal award for his work. He designed and installed one of the world’s first public electricity supplies using a centralised power station, instrumental in electrifying the Vienna Opera House ( world’s first theatre to be electrified).
A. Crompton Greaves
19. A car with a door across the full width at the back end that opens upwards to provide easy access for loading, Kaiser-Frazer’s Vagabond and Traveler are described as America’s first of those cars. What?
20. Colin Nedham is credited with coming up with which famous database?
Questions contributed by Mr. Bivash Rath. As per Bivash “Pursuing Masters in Physics puts a lot of pressure but no amount of pressure is never enough to separate a quizzer from quizzes. Being an avid quizzer the contributor follows and attends all the quizzes within his reach. This time the contributor was lucky enough to be the runner up in the Ranchi Round of TCQ Campus Edition 2014.”