Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Southern Zonal Round Questions
ICAI Bangalore – Vijay and Mohit Jain
- RUNNER UP:
TAPMI – Rithwik and Krishna
Southern Zonal Rounds:
1. In 1935, the deaths of six of Bramani’s mountaineering friends in the Italian Alps was partly blamed on inadequate footwear. The tragedy drove Bramani to develop a new climbing sole. It is is well known for pioneering the barefoot running movement with the FiveFingers line of shoes that mimic the look and mechanics of being barefoot.
2. Keystone Group launching a unique restuarent in Sydney. Claim to fame?
Chefs are winners of Master Chef TV show
3. It was originally a pliable, putty-like substance concocted by Noah McVicker and Joe McVicker of Cincinnati-based soap manufacturer Kutol Products. What?
4. Canadian musician Dave Carroll and his band had a trilogy of songs about customer service of which company?
United Airlines, Song – United Breaks Guitars
5. Originally began as a series of short-lived speaking clubs organized by Ralph C. Smedley during his tenure with the YMCA. In 1903, as education director of the YMCA facility in Bloomington, Illinois.
6. In 1966, Richard M. Schulze and a business partner opened Sound of Music, an electronics store specializing in high fidelity stereos in Saint Paul, Minnesota. How do we know it now?
1. Identify the person:
2. What is blanked out?
3. Question on Firestone Tyres.
4. Identify the brand.
5. First product from which company?
6. Question on Obamacare.
1. Question on Voltas.
2. Tata Social Enterprise challenge is an initiative between Tata and which institute?
3. What is Tata ISES about?
Internships for foreign students at the corporate sustainability projects of Tata companies in India and social entrepreneurship
4.” Be sure to lay wide streets planted with shady trees, every other of a quick-growing variety. Be sure that there is plenty of space for lawns and gardens.” Quote by Jamshetji Tata about what?
3. Connect on Philips.
1. Question on Berkshire Hathway
2. Question on Amrutanjan
a) Earliest mention of ____ occurs in the Kannada writing called Vaddaradhane by Shivakotiacharya in 920 AD.
Questions collectively contributed by Mr. Sharath Babu, currently working at AIG, Mr. Vinay Mudaliar, currently working at Aditya Birla Minacs and Mr. Himadri Banerjee, student at Christ University.
Vinay comments that, there has sudden been a major dip in participation in Bangalore, and the teams were far less compared to previous years. However the quality of the top 12 teams were brilliant!
In a small chat with Vinay and Pickbrain after the quiz, Vinay appreciated Pickbrain for his commendable hectic hosting of 34 cities. And a quick response came, “Some weight loss is happening now”. Pickbrain on lighter note bid goodbye and joined his entire family who had come to witness the quiz!