Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Bangalore – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER :
- Christ University- Himadri Banerjee and Vishnu
- RUNNER UP :
- RV College of Engineering- Shreyas and Sudeep
1) Facenet is a technology owned by?
2) Connect an event held in New York, Bangalore, Berlin, Amsterdam to the company that sponsors it?
Answer: TCS sponsors Marathon in these cities
3) Abid Ali Neemuchwala is the new COO of which company?
4) Hearst Corporation has 20% stake in ESPN Inc. The rest 80% is held by?
Answer: The Walt Disney Company
5) It is a pencil brand which means ‘a female spirit of the clouds and waters in Hindu and Buddhist mythology.’ Which brand?
6) ‘Caliphate Book’ Group is launched by the supporters of?
7) Known as Hellofood in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. It is a global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Berlin, Germany and operating in more than 40 countries across four continents. The service allows users to select from local restaurants and place orders via the website or mobile application. How is it known in Asia?
8) Finacle is the industry-leading universal banking solution from which company?
9) Mint is collaborated with The Wall Street Journal in the US. In India, it is collaborated with?
Answer: HT Media/ Hindustan Times
10) Question on Angela Merkel
11)This retail chain was founded in the Netherlands in 1932 by retailer Adriaan van Well. Through its affiliate organisations, it operates through most European countries, parts of Africa, Asia. Its headquarters are in Amsterdam.Its name is also the root of the verb which means “to save [money]” in German. Name the retail chain.
Answer: SPAR Retail
12) Oseltamivir, marketed under the trade name, Tamiflu, is an antiviral medication used to counter which disease?
Answer: New Tablet for Swine Flu
Regional Round Questions:
1) President of Greenwood Timber Company, who had experimented with boat design, traveled to Seattle, and developed an interest towards aircraft. This led to the starting up of which company?
2) This company has invested huge sums on developing “signature fragrances” that are sprayed in the aisle area and around the stores to draw consumers in. The consumers are so impressed with its trademark fragrance that they want it to be sprayed on their leather jackets and apparel as well. Which company?
Answer: Future Group
4) Identify the car model.
Answer: Rolls Royce Ghost Mysore Collection
5) Owners of the Polaroid brand announced a multi-year strategic partnership with X, who will serve as the creative director for a special line of Polaroid Imaging products. X’s broad and creative talents and the way X connects with fans in an own and unique manner made X as a natural choice for Polaroid. Name X who is a celebrity.
Answer: Lady Gaga
6) Name the famous automobile company.
7) Question on the origin of Death by Chocolate.
9) Question on Nutella
10) This is a 5 Pound note issued in honour of?
Answer: George Best
11) Global private equity giant Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts (KKR) is planning for private equity investment in which Chikmaglur based coffee exporter and retailer ?
Answer: Cafe Coffee Day
12) This machine is also called the German Duplicate Machine. What is it?
Answer: 3D Self Image Printer
13) Three students from IIM-Kozhikode have been chosen for an internship. Their employer’s name means ‘Orbital Revolution’ in Sanskrit. It is a 8 member team. It is for the first time that they are offering internships. Who is the employer?
Answer: Parikrama Music Band
14) HUL collaborated with the Mumbai Bhelpuriwalas for a marketing campaign of a hygenic habit. Similar looking green colour leaflets with children’s drawings and messages are used to wrap Bhelpuri. Thereby promoting to doing something twice a day. What product is being promoted?
15) Question on Richard Madeley.
Answer: Project Ara
18) When Subba Rao’ secretary called him, he said he was busy. And would get back to her later. A word used by him lead to the name of which magazine? 0The name sounded musical too. It was a monthly magazine then.
19) ‘Her Life Her Choices’ is a ad campaign featuring Nimrat Kaur. It also highlights that the codes of femininity are changing and new expressions of womanhood are being formed. It raises a toast to the woman of today who is strong, bold and confident. The campaign conceptualised by Ogilvy India tells the story of a woman, who is aware of her self-worth and secure in a new-found fulfilling relationship with herself. Name the brand being advertised.
Answer: Titan Raga
20) John H. Schnatter sold his 1971 Chevrolet Camaro to help his father’s struggling business. He used the left over funds to start X. What did he start?
Answer: Papa John
21) Which company was recognized by Siemens as a Platinum Partner, a distinction awarded annually to the highest-achieving Siemens value-added resellers (VAR)?
Answer: Tata Technologies
22) Android app by?
23) Okryu-Gwan Restaurant is famous for cold noodles and its ambience. These are located in European cities. What is so special about them?
Answer: It is run by the North Korean Government
24) Padma Bhushan awardee, he has collaborated with Ascension Health to set up a health care city in Cayman Islands. He served as Mother Teresa’s personal physician. He has leveraged economies of scale to provide affordable healthcare. Identify this cardiac surgeon and philanthropist?
Answer: Devi Prasad Shetty
Contributed by Vaishnavi Rao