Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Indore – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER :
IIM Indore – Ms.Deepti Singh and Ameya Talanki
- RUNNER UP :
IIM Indore: – Rishabh Chandra and Vatsal Kumar
Regional Round Questions:
A. Make In India
2. A Great Bansal Wedding, what is this about?
A. Flipkart’s acquisition of Myntra
3. On August 15th 1899, __________, a chief engineer at Edison Illuminating Company’s main plant resigned from his position of chief engineer and went on to pursue his passion in a completely different field. Whom are we talking about?
A. Henry Ford
4. Where would you find this? W and D correspond to the names of the founders.
A. Rolex Watches
5. ____________ founded in 1971 by Klaus Schwab, a German-born business professor at the University of Geneva. First named the “European Management Forum”, it changed its name to the ________________ in 1987 and sought to broaden its vision to include providing a platform for resolving international conflicts.
A. World Economic Forum, Davos
6. What began in 1997 as a business unit within GE which was later renamed as GE Capital ?
7. ____________ was the first credit card started in 1950 by Frank McNamara, Ralph Schneider and Matty Simmons after conceiving the idea at Major’s Cabin Grill restaurant in New York City in 1949 ?
A. Diner’s Club
8. What was launched in Bhopal as Subah Savere in 1956 and in Gwalior as Good Morning India in 1957?
A. Dainik Bhaskar
a) A video about Nobel Peace Prize.
A. Kailash Satyarthi
11. Delhi Integrated Multi-Model Transit System (DIMTS) has developed Pooch-O, an app that allows users to do what?
A. Book Auto-Rickshaw rides
12. In the 1980s Hindustan Motors was the largest car manufacturer in India. Who was the second largest?
A. Premier Motors
13. Which fabric gets its name from this region in France?
14. The _______________ of a life insurance policy is the person who receives the payment of the amount of insurance after the death of the insured.
15. _____________ is derived from the Latin word “Carraunt” which means in-circulation ?
16. The _____________was the gathering of 730 delegates from all 44 Allied nations at United States, to regulate the international monetary and financial order after the conclusion of World War II.
17. The service was announced at Apple’s September 9, 2014 iPhone 6 event. Apple partnered with American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. Their joint project began in January 2013, though they had discussed Apple’s potential involvement for years. This is their joint solution. Explain.
A. Apple Pay, Cardless Payment System
Questions contributed by Deepti Singh and Ameya Talanki. Here’s wishing them the best of luck for the zonal finals!