Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Vizag – Regional Round Questions
Gitam Institute of Technology – Mr. Bharath K and Ayyappa Chaitanya
- RUNNER UP:
Gitam Institute of Technology – Susanth and Singam
Wild Card Round Questions:
16 teams selected after scrutiny of prelims from a whopping 315 teams, Top 4 teams directly qualified, The cut-off mark was at 14, and then two wildcard rounds named “Super Overs” were conducted. Wild card round comprising of 6 questions and all questions were on the buzzer
1) Kumon is a famous name in the online education, attempting to teach what to children?
2) Which Indian conglomerate’s tag line is “Yoga Kshemam Vahamyam”?
3) Which fan company coined the term “PSPO”?
4) Santoor soap is from which group?
5) VG Siddhartha started which particular group?
A. Café Coffee Day
6) Which fruit had its ban lifted from banned list of exports to UK?
7) Deming medal given in the field of marketing/quality control?
A. Quality Control
8) CEO of Infosys?
A. Vishal Sikka
9) In the world of Insurance what is TPA?
A. Third Party Administrator
10) YK Hamied founded an Indian pharma giant? Cipla/Novartis
11) Connect Passion,Dawn, Ambition:
A. Hero Honda
12) Knorr soups marketed in India by?
13) In the history of this country, what was the first portfolio of Shanmugham Chetti?
A. First Finance Minister
14) Name the only city in India named after an industrialist.
A. Jamshedpur ( According to WHO certification there are two cities in the world safe drinking water from taps one is Singapore and another is Jamshedpur)
Regional Round Questions:
24 questions across the finals carrying marks 50, 60 and 75 respectively. All are buzzer questions. If anybody fails in the first attempt, either “Free Hit” (for a 75 mark question team either get a +60 or -60) or “Power Play” (in which for a 75 mark question either +85/-85 marks) is only allowed to a second attempted team.
1) Identify this business group which is one of the largest Maruti Suzuki car dealers.
A. Varun Motors
2) This phrase/term derives from the practice of writing in the part of the page in profit and loss account. What is it?
A. Bottom Line
3) Identify the company.
A. Air India
4) What is techno stress?
It is a result of altered habits of work and collaboration that are being brought about due to the use of modern information technologies at office and work home situations.
5) Identify the Football Club.
A. CFC (Chelsea Football Club )
6) Identify the business group.
A. Bharati Enterprises
7) Who owns Nash Holdings and Washington Post?
A. Jeff Bezos
8) The bloodhound supersonic is a pencil shaped car. It is developed with the help of which Indian company?
9) Identify the Indian Super League Football franchise?
A. Atlético de Kolkata
10) Identify the logo.
A. Azim Premji Foundation
11) Identify him.
A. Manjul Bhargava, he received the Fields Medal in Mathematics.
12) Name the virus which is derived from of an Italian painter, sculptor and poet born on March 6th.
13) This phone is dedicated to whom?
A. Vladimir Putin
14) “Where truth doesn’t hide, where truth doesn’t hurt” is the masthead of which news source?
15) “Customer at the heart”. Identify the business and holiday business group?
A. Thomas Cook
16) In July 2014, Harun Rashid Khan, was reappointed as the Deputy Governor of which institution?
17) Which electronic company’s name is the Chinese word for “millet”, “Foxtail Millet Tech”?
18) TCS is sending selected sport persons from Mumbai-New York to train and acquire skills through their program ‘Ready,steady, fly’ for which sport?
19) This is the advertisement of which beverage group?
20) Connect the following images to a personality.
A. Chetan Bhagat
21) In 1824, John X began selling tea, coffee, and drinking chocolate in Bull Street in Birmingham, England. From 1831 he moved into the production of a variety of cocoa and drinking chocolates, made in a factory in Bridge Street and sold mainly to the wealthy because of the high cost of production. X is a famous brand in the chocolates. Name John X.
A. John Cadbury
22) ‘Salt on the Earth’ is a book written on which company?
A. Tata Chemicals
23) Zipdial was acquired by which company?
A. UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India
Questions contributed by Mr. Sudhakar and Mr. Nageshwar Rao.