Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Manipal – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
TAPMI – Rithwik and Krishna
- RUNNER UP :
Manipal University – Ujan Sengupta and Apuroop Sethupathy
1. Oh Yes Abhi is the tagline of which company?
2. They are well known for its jewellery and wristwatches, including the “Bestiary”, the diamond necklace created for Bhupinder Singh the Maharaja of Patiala and the first practical wristwatch, the “Santos,” of 1904.
3. What resulted due to the merger of the Swedish corporation Allmänna Svenska Elektriska Aktiebolaget (ASEA) and the Swiss company Brown, Boveri & Cie?
4. Author of the book?
A. Mohammad Younus
5. According to the Economist the concept what was marketed explicitly as fashion accessories, with the idea “IF YOU can spend $20,000 on a watch, why not on a phone?”
6. Who markets themselves as Whether it’s the Rainforest World Music Festival, Hari Raya or the F1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix, our calendar is packed with magical moments worth celebrating.
7. Which former IAS officer is associated with the company, Carnation Auto?
A. Jagadish Khattar
8. Logo of which Chinese Internet company?
9. What was established by an American (Hungarian-born) publisher, and is administered by Columbia University in New York City?
A. Pulitzer Prize
10. What famous brand of beer will be particularly be relished by Liverpool fans was found by a Danish person called KC Jacobsen?
11. What is actually measured as 11 inches but then marketed as something else, with the company giving an explanation that “It is a registered trademark as a descriptive name and not intended to be a measurement of length”
A. Subway Footlong
12. Lego tribute to?
A. Steve Jobs
13. Which Husband and wife duo, is the second largest contributor to charity after Warren Buffet, who gave away 498 million dollars of his wealth? (Clue: Non Foundational donations)
A. Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chen
14. In whose tribute was the perfume iQ made? (Clue: Man of Science)
A. Albert Einstein
15. Which blue chip business gives the government of Goa an annual revenue of 500 crores?
17. Which person living in India had the highest number of Twitter followers as of 2013 with about 6.9 million?
A. Dalai Lama
18. Which Malaysian oil giant is the sponsor of the Malaysian GP and also owns an iconic buiding?
19. Which global FMCG major launched a major ad campaign “Proud Sponsor of Moms”?
A. P And G
Questions contributed by Mr. Krishna Sheshadri.