Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – National Finals Questions
- WINNER : ICAI Bangalore – Vijay & Mohit Jain
- RUNNER UP : KIIT Bhubaneswar – Omkar Amrutanshu & Sagar Saurabh
Round – 1 – Global Attention
1. Which famous music logo is known as “La Voix de son Maître” (France), “La Voz de su Amo” (Spain), “A Voz do Dono” (Portugal), “La Voce del Padrone” (Italy), “Die Stimme seines Herrn” (Germany)?
A. His Master’s Voice (HMV).
2. Mr. James J specialized in a form of sloganeering which stressed linking a brand name to product qualities or intended benefits. The goal was to help consumers remember the sponsor as they faced ever-growing platoons of products on increasingly crowded store shelves, few examples include “Delta is ready when you are,” “Quaker Oatmeal, it’s the right thing to do” and “Wisk beats ring around the collar”. What in the world of advertising is this?
A. Nameonics, a play on mnemonics.
3. Which company founded in 1883 by G. A. Krause has Caterpillar, Harley Davidson and Patogonia Footwear as its licensed brands?
A. Wolverine Worldwide
4. In the early part of the 20th century, a typewriter was marketed under this name, which is a common English word. It was developed by Wellington Parker Kidder and the first model was marketed by the the company bearing the common word in its name.. An agreement with Remington in 1924 saw production transferred to Remington, and a further agreement in 1929 allowed Underwood to produce it as well. They advertised it as “No one wants a typewriter with ___________”. What?
A. Noiceless Typewriter, developed by Noiseless Typewriter Company in 1917.
5. It was founded in 1896, they supplied to the banquet hosted in honour of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s first visit to Scotland. The brand has a creature with a scientific name “lagopus scotica“, the logo was designed by the founder’s daughter. The creature forms the second word, the first word was added to the brand to reflect its popularity in 1905. Which brand?
A. Famous Grouse.
6. The first one was sold for $200 in 1896 to Charles Ainsley. Two more were built, one in 1899, and another in 1901. the first one was bought back for $60. Which invention, that transformed the automobile industry?
Round 2 – Visuals
A. Lammily Doll, created through crowd sourcing, a prototype barbie doll made to the exact measurements of an average 19 year old American.
A. Cronut, which is a croissant-doughnut pastry invented and trademarked by Dominique Ansel Bakery in New York City.
3. Identify the strategy?
A. Blue Ocean Strategy.
4. What does this miracle machine do?
A. Converts water to wine!
5. Identify this 28 year old American CEO?
A. Autumn Radtke, CEO of First Meta, who died at the age of 28.
6. What happened next?
A. This is at the launch of the Virgin Cola, Richard Branson fires a Virgin Cola from the tanker to a Coco Cola signboard.
Round – 3 – Tata Round
1. Ben Kingsley features for an AD of which Tata company?
2. Armenian sportsman Levon Aronian connects to which Tata company?
A. Winner of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2014.
3. These two people give their name to a company which is integral to the Tata brand?
A. Wolf Ollins.
4. Guinness Book of World Records choose which beautiful place in Mumbai for their auditions?
A. Taj Lands End
Round – 4 – Think Tenfold
1. Connect to a person:
A. Black Box.
A. Indian Railways.
A. David Beckham.
1. In 1918, Charles P. Rudebaker introduced it for the first time on the streets of New York?
A. Traffic Cone.
2. Which Asian currency gets its name from the Portuguese way of referring to the Mexican Dollar?
A. Pataka, the currency of Macau.
3. What was founded on January 25, 1950, the first man to head it was Mr. Sukumar Sen and Ms. Rama Devi was the first lady to head it?
A. Election Commission of India.