Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Mumbai – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
TISS – Sandeep Banga and Sachin Deshpande
- RUNNER UP :
SM Shetty Powai – Viraj Morabia and Ms.Kinnari Ganatra
1. What was once known officially in the US & Canada as the National School bus chrome ?
2. Playground is an education initiative from this company and is based on Finnish style of school learning through play to make education fun.
A. Rovio (Angry Bird)
3. In 1959 this Bank acquired Mercantile Bank of India , London & China with the capital of Rs 50 Lakhs in October 1853.
A. HSBC Bank
4. Founders of which cult brand?
A. Harley Davidson
5. This bank is promoted by Aga Khan fund for Economic Development ( AKFED ).
A. DCB (Development Credit Bank)
6. The Bandra-Worli sea link was lit in pink in September as a part of a Company’s Breast Cancer awareness drive.
A. Estée Lauder.
7. In around 1908, Thomas Sullivan a New York tea merchant started to send sample of tea in unusual way.
A. Tea Bags
8. Print Advertisement (It’s not because of one woman but because of eleven men)
A. Coca Cola
9. Wilbur Ross sold International Steel Group to him for $4.5 Billion Dollars.Whom ?
A. Laxmi Mittal
10. Whose first recorded patent was an electronic voting machine?
A. Thomas Alva Edison
11.Inspired by a speech by antiseptic advocate Joseph Lister, Robert Wood and his brothers James Wood and Edward Mead created a line of ready-to-use surgical dressings in 1885.Which company?
A. Johnson & Johnson
12.Which Bollywood Actor endorses Intex Mobiles ?
A. Farhan Akhtar
13.David owns Skydance Production is the son of which IT Billionare ?
A. Larry Ellison
14. From “Pure Indulgence” to “Escape into One”. Which Brand ?
A. Dark Fantasy
15. Founders of the which innovative company?
16. Omnicom Group merged with ?
17. Expand TGV
A. Train Grande Vitesse
18. In February 1980, Mark Hughes began selling his weight management product from the trunk of his car. Hughes often stated that the genesis of his product and program stemmed from the weight loss concerns of his mother Joanne, whose premature death he attributed to an eating disorder and an unhealthy approach to weight loss. His goal was to change the nutritional habits of the world. He is the founder of which company?
19. Connect this company with an Oscar winning actor?
A. Charlie Chaplin.
Questions contributed by Mr. Viraj Morabia.
As per Viraj “I am a final year student of Bachelor of Management studies (BMS) at S.M.Shetty College (Powai). Business Quizzing is a passion to me and winning Tata Crucible National / International is a dream. I started quizzing 2 years back and have won over 50 Quizzes in Mumbai and Pune. I started quizzing when no one from my ex-college was ready to be my partner and since then took up the challenge and went on to be one of the best business quizzers in my city”.