Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Cochin – Preliminary Round Questions
GLC Kochi – Jis Sebastian and Feny Joy
RUNNER UP :
St. Thomas Pala – Rahul and Jithin Xavier
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. With which entertainment giant would you associate Finding Dory?
A. Pixar and Disney (Both were accepted)
2. What do you mean by Philately ?
A. Stamp collection
3. This started as a wood pulp mill in a town in Southwestern Finland in 1865.This was acquired by Microsoft in 2014?
4. Identify this visionary from his younger days who made Kerala and India proud.
A. Dr. Verghese Kurien
5. Identify what the lady is wearing?
6. This image with “metro man” written on top of it and asked to identify.
A. E. Sreedharan
7.Identify the logo?
8. This was started as toy balloon manufacturing unit by K.M Mammen Mappillai at Tiruvottiyur, Madras ?
9. “Edge is Efficiency” is the tagline of ?
10. Logo of?
11. This is a term used to describe something performed by a company or an individual to help identify potential threats on a computer or network. They try to bypass way past the security system and search for any weak points thereby helping the organization to improve system security ?
A. Ethical hacking or White hat hacking
12. The company was founded on April 1,1891 originally selling products such as baking powder and soaps.Then , the company began packing ‘something for free’ with each can of baking powder. The thing given for free eventually became more popular than the original product and the company re-oriented to produce it ?
A. Wrigleys Chewing Gum
13. What is this ? What is it used for?
A. Alternative to smoking
14. ‘.de’ is the domain name of which country ?
15. Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Coverage. This was the first of something in the world. What ?
A. First mobile phone ( DynaTAC )
16. This was started in 1982 with a view “ The network is the computer “ and they sold computer software , IT services and also created the Java programming language “Network File System” ? (Hint: They were acquired by oracle in 2010 )
A. Sun Microsystems
17. Which Indian govt organization started producing the ‘Penta T-Pad’ range of tablets in the market ?
18. The Hanx typewriter company was founded by whom?
A. Tom Hanks
19. Old logo of?
20. Which organisation started the ‘Are you my type? ‘ campaign ?
(Hint: Think blood)
A. Red Cross Society
Questions contributed by Rajeev Nair and Feny Joy.