Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Coimbatore – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Brookfields – Balasubramaniam and Ashwin
- RUNNER UP: Chennai Silks – Arul Sarvanan and Yogesh Pai
Regional Round Questions:
1) Who was the owner of the pistols/gun that Vice president Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr used ? Hint: Famous Investor and Finance Man.
Ans. JP Morgan
2) Who wrote articles for National Geographic under the name H. A Largeham?
Ans. Alexander Graham Bell
Ans. Wright Brothers [ 1) Bicycle company owned by them 2) Video: Bill Gates visit to their factory 3) Glen Martin (of Lockheed Martin), their Partner 4) Newspaper (West Side News) owned by them]
4) In 1904 Katie Frazer bought succulent Yang Tao to her home at Wanganui. Yang Tao became global in the 1960s, but the exporters failed to trademark the name. In 1980s,they renamed the local version as Zespri & trademarked it.What name that later became very popular did they fail to trademark in the 1970s?
Ans. Kiwi Fruit
5) Identify the company?
6) Softcard US mobile wallet platform was earlier known under a different brand name. They were forced to change due to a current affairs issue. What were they earlier known as?
7) Titan has signed on which actor for brand: “Glare”?
Ans. Jacqueline Fernandez
Ans. All names taken from Islands. [1) Bikini from Bikini Atoll Island 2) Video: Capri Pant from Capri Island of Italy 3) Madeira Wine from Madeira Island of Portugal 4) Thousand Island Dressing from Thousand Island (of US)]
9) Why was Singapore trader Shrikant Bhasi in entertainment news recently? Hint: Acquisition spree
Ans. He bought FUN Cinemas
10) Why did they have to change the logo?
Ans. They moved to the Gulf and due to the cross on the crown
11) Paras 20:20:0:13 is a brand from this company?
Ans. Tata Chemicals
12) Identify the brand named after her?
Ans. The car Premier “Padmini” was named after the queen of Chittor.
13) First one was installed by BBC in 1990. It placed a Hitachi KP-D8s camera. If one camera is not enough, two can be placed, one with a wide-angle lens and the other with a narrow-angle lens, giving the broadcaster four different views. What is being talked about?
Ans. Stump Camera
14) Harley Davison, Nike, Playboy, Apple are some of the brands in the Top 10 of a list which indicate unbiased loyalty by some customers. What list?
Ans. The word “Millionaire”. [1) First in print in Vivian Grey, a novel of 1826 by Benjamin Disraeli 2) Video: The song “ Who wants to be millionaire” 3) The first American printed use of the word is thought to be in an obituary of New York tobacco manufacturer Pierre Lorillard II in 1843 4) First recorded in English (millionaire, as a French term) in a letter of Lord Byron of 1816.]
16) In 1980, Arun Shourie criticized Indira Gandhi by saying she shed tears for an event. What event?
Ans. Maruti – Maa Roti
17) According to Merriam Webster word this word means highly fashionable or luxurious. Which word?
18) Author ?
Ans. Michael Lewis
19) Which Egypt born Zimbabwe cricketer is currently Comp Secretary of Tanami gold NL a Australian mining comp ?
Ans. John Traicos
20) Identify the company.
21) Which Tata Company has acquired SSAB’s strip products service centres in Sweden & Finland as well as the remaining 50 percent stake in Norsk Stal Tynnplater AS?
Ans: Tata Steel
22) Ques: Tata Salt’s campaign ‘ Maine Desh Ka Namak Khaya Hai’, featured which boxer?
Ans: MC Mary Kom
Questions contributed by Anuradha Pai. Additions meticulously contributed by Debasish Mandal.