Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Jaipur – Regional Round Questions
- Taj Hotels – Shakti K and Pradeep Ludhani
- RUNNER UP:
- Logisure – Ms. Jagrati and Avinash Maurya
Regional Round Questions:
1. What is this train is powered by to become a very special train in India ?
2. This style of management refers to keeping employees in the dark, restrict employee access to information and decisions. What?
Ans. Perfetti Van Melle
[1. Izaak Van Melle: Founder of Van Melle
2. Commercial of Centre Fresh (Indian tourist guide): One of the brands from the company.
3. Enric Bernat : Founder of Chupa Chups Candy which later merged to Perfetti Van Melle.
4. Salvadore Dali: The Chupa Chups logo was designed in 1969 by the artist.]
4. The first official HRD department in the Indian corporate sector was started in 1975 at ______ & _______ after recommendation by Uday Pareek and T.V Rao.
Ans. L & T
5. Identify the Company from its logo.
6. Sunil Wadhwani and Ashok Trivedi founded Mastech in 1986. Following the 2001 market crash, it metamorphosed into _______, riding a different business model. The company got acquired recently. Fill in the blank.
7. Whose tagline is ‘Taste mein Twist’!?
Ans. Tata Salt
8. Identify the suitings company.
[1. Ramesh Poddar: Chairman, Siyaram Silk Mills
2. Parineeta Chopra: brand ambassador of Siya ( women’s wear of Siyaram’s)
3. Little Champs: Children’s wear from Siyaram’s
4. Moretti: Suitings brand from Siyaram’s]
9. Queen Ann’s government introduced a tax on this when home owner’s during the 18th century started decoreting their rooms . The monarch levied between a penny and a shilling, the tax lasted for a while till 1836. What we are talking about?
Ans. Wallpaper tax
10. Identify the media house he founded or his name.
Ans. Aroon Purie is an Indian businessman who is the founder-publisher and editor-in-chief of India Today and the chief executive of the India Today Group.
11. This offering from Tanishq is feminine Russian and Ukrainian first name meaning ‘Life’. In Arabic it means ‘life’ as well. It’s a common word in all these languages. This is a four letter word. What is the offer from the Tata world?
12. In 1983, R Prabhakar, started the first of it kind in Jayanagar, Bangalore. The model focused on tasty, quick and efficiently produced local food at an affordable prices. Volumes contributed to profits, not style, elan or exotica. What is this ‘format’?
Ans. Stand and eat of Darshini restaurants.
13. Identify this brand.
14. Google introduced this font recently as the default font for their e-books. It replaced Droid Serif. Name this font which borrowed this font from the world of literature.
15.Quilon & Bombay Brasserie are types of what from the Taj Group?
16. Which Vijayawada based airline, promoted by the LEPL group, says “happy flying!”?
Ans. Air Costa
Ans. Western Union
[1. “It matters” : Western Union Ads by Lonsdale Saatchi & Saatchi
2. Saharukh Khan: Brand Ambassador of the company
3. Earlier name of the company.
4. Logo of the company]
18. ‘Laughing Man’ is a charity coffee brand from which Hollywood star?
Ans. Hugh Jackman
19. This is a glucose-based ready to serve beverage, which provides instant energy to consumers, available in a unique cup format.
Ans. Tata Gluco
20. Its a photo uploading website which actually resulted in this new type of spices being discovered and the spices is nicknamed after the website.
Ans. Flickr (it actually flickers light)
[A charismatic new species of green lacewing discovered in Malaysia (Neuroptera, Chrysopidae).]
Ans. Colombia Sportswear
[1. Logo of Colombia Sportswear
2. Colombia Sportswear commercial: Six fishing guides set out to catch some of the most notoriously ill-tempered fish in the world. These experts descend upon the Indian Ocean to reel in triggerfish.
3. Columbia Sportswear Company’s Greater Rewards program works by giving you points for purchases. You get 10 points for every $1 spent at the store or online. After 1,000 points you receive a $5 gift certificate. You also get free shipping, special discounts, and insider news.
4.Gert Boyle : Chairman of the company]
22. Who wrote the lines for RBI’s “Paisa Bolta Hain” advertisement?
23. Teddy Travelogues is travel advice from kids. Which holiday group is introducing this in India?
Ans. Club Mahindra
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL Bhopal.