Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2014 – Nagpur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
VNIT – Pranjal and Pawan
- RUNNER UP :
RCOEM – Anuj Agarwal and Aditya Morarka
1) Whose birthday is celebrated as Engineer’s Day in India. This legend has also been associated with the Tata group?
A. M. Visvesvaraya.
2) Micromax has signed which actor to endorse their brand of products?
A. Hugh Jackman.
3) Which Indian automaker has 48% stakes in Austrian bike maker KTM?
4) Identify from the visual:
A. Marissa Mayer.
5) His father’s name was George, a corporate executive in an auto industry and in 1954 became the president and CEO of American Motors. He was also elected the governor of Michigan. Whom are we talking about?
A. Mitt Romney.
6) The DI Corp got profits as high as 800% in October 2012. Who is the owner of this electrical circuit maker? (Hint- His father was the founder of DI Corp.)
7) What is COCO? or expand COCO. (Hint: petrol pump owners have this service.)
A. Company Owned-Company Operated.
8) Who has came up with ” A Future Full of Energy “?
9) Arun Anant is the former CEO of which Media house?
A. The Hindu.
10) In 1943, this company was founded by Mohan T. Advani with others. For mainly Air Conditioners. (Hint: name comprises of two words.)
A. Blue Star.
11) Identify the brand from the visual.
12) The Terrano is a cross-badged product by Nissan and _______?
13) Which Media group has a campaign “Let’s Make News Better”?
A. Hindustan Times.
14) Angela Ahrendts is the CEO of which retail company was hired by Apple to revive its network of Apple Stores?
15) Identify the mascot of FIFA WC 2014.
16) Identify the brand that has tied up with Crossfit for making sports apparels.
17) Calico is a new company started by which company with the stated goal of focusing on the challenge of combating aging and associated diseases?
A. Google Innovations.
18) Malcolm McLean in 1956 invented something that changed the logistics industry. What was the idea?
A. Shipping Containers.
19) The brand has sought to recreate the rhythm of the Rio carnival with its song for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
20) Which legend is signed as the brand ambassador for the travel website Musafir.com?
A. Sachin Tendulkar.
Questions contributed by Vrushabh Gudade. Vrushabh is a 11th grade student who has a serious passion for quizzing and likes quizzing from his heart. He likes knowledge and all that he has gained so far is just due to quizzing. He painstakingly typed out these questions in an internet parlour. We are grateful to him for helping us in our endeavour.