Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Raipur – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: SAIL Bhilai Steel: Chandrashekar and Ramani
- RUNNER UP: SAIL Bhilai Steel: Sanjay Shamkuwar & Manoj Kumar Prasad
Regional Round Questions:
1.Which Nobel Laureate joined the Indian Finance Department as Assistant Accountant Gentral in 1907?
Ans. Sir C.V.Raman
2. Identify the significance.
Ans: Suez Canal
Ans. GE (General Electric)
[1. GE completed the acquisition of the aviation business of Avio S.p.A., a leading, Italy-based provider of civil and military aviation components and systems. Avio’s aviation business has been renamed Avio Aero, a GE Aviation business.
2. GE slogan” Imagination at work”
3. BBC Olympics campaign: GE was the official partner of Olympics
4. Edison was the founder of GE.]
4.Which shoe brand’s identity is “Pookie the dog”?
Ans. Hush Puppies
5.What agricultural product from West Bengal was the first to be given GI (Geographical Indication) tag in 2004-05 by Indian Patents office?
Ans. Darjeeling Tea
Ans. Hafeez Contractor
Ans. RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
[1. Ms. Ela Bhatt, Director of Central Board of RBI
2. RBI was conceptualised as per the guidelines, working style and outlook presented by Ambedkar in his book. It was titled “The Problem of the Rupee- Its Origin and Its Solution” and presented to the Hilton Young Commission
3. Sculpture of Yakshini (Guardians of Treasure) : Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the Prime Minister, suggested that public buildings, many of which were large imposing structures, could be utilised to ‘encourage Indian artists to function in some way’ and sculptors, painters, designers, etc. could be asked to cooperate. It will encourage Indian artists and would be greatly welcomed. At the instance of J.R.D.Tata, the then Director of the Central Board, the views of Carl Khandalawalla, an eminent critic and connoisseur of art, were sought. It was he who suggested that the Bank could consider having figures of “Yaksha” and “Yakshini” on the two sides. The proposal of Shri Ram Kinkar Baij was accepted. The art form of the male ‘Yaksha’ was drawn from the statue of the ‘Parkham Yaksha’ in the Mathura museum and the art form of the female Yakshini was derived from “Bisnagar Yakshini” from the Calcutta Museum.
4. Reserve Bank of India Monetary Museum, is a numismatic museum, located in the city of Mumbai. ]
8. Which ancient learning centre isbeing revived in a jint effort by India, China, Japan & Singapore, under the mentorship of APJ Abdul Kalam & Amartya Sen?
Ans. Nalanda University
9. Which project did Chetan Raikar head to restore to its original glory?
Ans. TAJ MAHAL PALACE
10. Which Middle Eastern airline promotes itself in India as ‘A partner of jet Airways’?
Ans. Ethiad Airlines
11. Which company ownsGEICO,BNSF, Lubrizol, Dairy Queen, Fruit of the Loom, Helzberg Diamonds , NetJets and owns half of Heinz?
Ans. Berkshire Hathaway
12. Identify the brand.
Ans. Allen Solly
13. Which company purchased one of YouTube’s largest content producers, Maker Studios for $500 million?
[1. Juice Cubes is a match 3 puzzle video game developed by Pocket PlayLab and published by Rovio Stars
2. Roivo was founded in 2003 by three students from Helsinki University of Technology (currently Aalto University School of Science)–Niklas Hed, Jarno Väkeväinen, and Kim Dikert–who first worked together to build a mobile game for a competition sponsored by Nokia and HP.
3. Video of Dreamworks logo: Rovio released its game, based on the Dreamworks animated film “The Croods”
4. Mikael Hed, the former CEO ]
15. Which CEO of an Indian Financial company was ranked as the most powerful business woman in India in Forbes list of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”?
Ans. Chanda Kochhar
16. Whose trading symbol is a car in the NYSE?
17. Identify the company.
Ans. Gold’s Gym
18. What began with the Buttonwood Agreement, signed by 24 brokers, on 17th May,1792?
19. Identify him.
Ans. Nari Hira of Magna Publishing Co. Ltd. that publishes magazines such as Stardust, Showtime, Savvy and Health.
20. Which company logo has vibrant earthy colours & has the sun rising over two circles?
Ans. Aditya Birla Group
21. The person’s name is Jamshed Rustom Desai. Which white goods company was founded by him?
Ans. Kelvinator India
Ans. Pawan Hans
[1. Pawan Hans is a GOI undertaking company
2. Slogan of Pawan Hans
3. ONGC Commercial (Hum Aap ke Har Pal Me Shaamil Hain), Pawan Hans provide the helicopter service to ONGC offshore projects
4. Old logo of Pawan Hans]
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL, Bhopal