Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Chennai – External Track Questions
Results (Tata Track):
TCS – Sreekanth and Jayakanthan
- RUNNER UP:
TCS – Ramaswamy and Raghuraman
Results (External Track):
Infosys – Vivek and Senthil Kumar
- RUNNER UP:
Ford Business Services – Prashanth Sampath and Sridharan
External Track Finals:
1. Ted Turner during one of his famous speeches mentioned that “there would be 2 things in the future that would make all happy”. Identify the things.
A. Mobile phones & aeroplanes.
2. In ancient times, the Greek government during wars followed this specific idea in order to lower the expenditure. What specific idea did they follow?
A. BYOD – bring your own device.
3. Who runs/owns the hotel chain called Laya and a resort called Sober Islands?
Sri Lankan Army
4. In 1961, Bandev Mittal started a sweet shop and he was also a Bajaj dealer. What is he famous for now?
A. Lovely University, Punjab.
5. Wanelo is an online forum for online shopping. What is origin of the name?
A. Want, Need, Love.
6. What is Nokia Life tools used for?
A. Farmer’s SMS tool
Round – 2:
1. Childhood picture of a famous female business personality. Identify.
A. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
2. Picture of an auto rickshaw/tuk-tuk. What is so special about it?
A. The official vehicle of Italian President.
3. Queen of Time, London. Identify location?
4. Logo of ?
A. ZAIN telecom.
5. Logo of Six flags theme park in USA. Explain origin of name?
A. The name arises from the fact that it is in Texas and Texas was under six different governments previously.
6. Polska 1000 currency note, identify the person depicted?
A. Nicolaus Copernicus
1. Indian hotels [Buzzer Pressed]
2.Titan watch named after a word which has its origins in Japanese. Identify.
3. Flavoritz [Buzzer Pressed]
4. Book by?
A. Harish Bhat
Round – 4:
A. Malcolm Gladwell
A. Playboy Mansion
A. Walchand Hirachand
Round – 5:
- Hamilton + Pratt & Whitney + Wind power.
A. United Technologies
- Scalp care + Handbook.
A. Head & Shoulders
- Mohan T. Advani is the founder.
A. Blue Star
Questions contributed by Madanish Kanna.