Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 –Jamshedpur – Preliminary Round Questions
The Quiz finished on a high, literally with the winning Tata Steel Team actually breaking their table even after Pickbrain’s warnings! Being the last city of the crucible circuit this year, it probably didn’t matter. Tata Steel was closely followed by a married couple from Tata Motors. The guest of honor was Mr. T.V Narendran, the next MD of Tata Steel. A lot of school kids also had their moment of glory as they answered questions “passed” by the corporate participants.
Tata Steel – E G Khan and Sourav Das
- RUNNER UP:
Tata Motors – Ms. Loveleen Mishra and Bismoy Ranjan Pati
1. What is the full form of IRCTC ?
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation
2. One of its brands means “ An inhabitant or occupant of a particular place” to signify that it is accessible to all. The parent brand is synonym with the Arcuate design. Which brand ?
3. This term was coined by Raelph Vaerst. Its first use is credited to Don Hoefler.
4. If Chaebol : South Korea :: Zaibatsu: __________ ?
5. Advertising campaign by ?
6.Google has tied up with which fashion house for a project that allows users to capture and send a kiss to anyone in the world using their phone or webcam?
7. Maxwell House, a brand of coffee from Kraft Foods has the slogan ‘Good Till The Last Drop’. Whose line ?
8. CricJockey was a campaign launched to find the most die hard cricket fan. ESPN CricInfo tied up with which company for this ?
9.Barney New York, a luxury department store, came up with the idea of ‘Electric Holiday’ . With whom did they tie up ?
10. Who is the author?
11. Which ice cream parlour has the slogan. ‘More flavour, More Fun’ ?
Baskin & Robbins
12. Which company replaces Umbro, the kit sponsor of the England Football Team from 2013 ?
13. Which popular alcoholic beverage from Kilmarnock comes in square bottles ?
14. Which sign is situated on Mount Lee in USA ? (Clue: Its a trademark)
15. She is Suzane Klatter. With which automobile brand would you associate her ?
16. Which Product was advertised as a product faster than shaving ?
17. What was advertised as the first desensitizing toothpaste ?
18. With which group would you associate Q Shop with ?
19. This brand which was originally from Balsara that then came under Dabur’s banner. Which?
20. He is Pascal Lamy. Which organisation would you associate him with?
Questions reviewed by Anirban Kundu. Anirban is in standard 12 at Loyola School, Jamshedpur. A popular name in the indian quizzing circuit, he has appeared on national television a couple of times. (NDTV Croma Tech Grandmasters, History TV18 Young Pioneers). With an enthusiastic personality, he aspires to be an entrepreneur. This year he is even going to represent his city in the South Asian Finals of the Horlicks Wizkid.