Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Mumbai – Preliminary Round Questions
Tata Industries – Nikhil Sonde and Sidharth Srinivasan
- RUNNER UP:
JP Morgan – Dhananjay Shettigar and Geo Thomas
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. In the 19th century, the British came to loggerheads with Gangadhar Rao for the use of something that they felt was needed for their ammunition. This sparked a huge furore in the Indian society at that time. What are we talking about?
A. Cowskin grease used for bullets/cartridges
2. This is a reputed work of Jules Verne and one of his most publicized articles.
A. Around The World in 80 Days
3. Carry on. Keep Calm. Think it over. _______ __________ (two blanks, fill in the blanks with the slogan of a famous car brand)
A. Think Small
4. Identify this Penguin publication imprint.
5. This personal care brand got its name and claim to fame from its shape. It initially represented a penguin, later got famous for its egg-shape. Men used it first, and then became popular among ladies. Which product?
6. This product in its original form was manufactured in China. It came into prominence in India early this year. What?
A. Voter’s Indelible Ink
7. This word by a reputed economist literally means “Single Purchase”. What?
8. Identify the logo.
A. Reliance Mumbai Metro
9. This is a type of “throat comfort cigarette” that gained extreme popularity once it was developed. Identify.
A. Menthol Cigarettes
10. The world of apparel is characterized by a new trend called _________ _____________ (two words). It is a type of semi formal dress code yet keeps into consideration all norms of decency at the workplace.
A. Smart Casuals
11. Identify the sportsperson: “I gave the chewing gum such a workout I am disappointed that no one approached me for advertising. I did the chewing gum a world of good, it was like my little brother.”
A. Viv Richards
12. This person heads Metro AG. Identify.
A. Otto Beisham
13. This African country had its main exports of tea and coffee. Later it was replaced by something else. Which country?
A. Ivory Coast
14. Famous knife company that was banned from airports all over the world.
15. This brand was bought over by a Czech company in 1929. Its most famous product was a 500 cc bike. Id this which we have all seen in India.
16. What did they give this world? Corporates around the world seem to be hooked on to this concept now.
A. Blue Ocean Strategy
17. Founded by Rakesh Jaggi, an alumnus of IIT Delhi. Was originally called Jamboree Education. It is India’s first cultural arts university. What?
A. Ashoka University
18. This homeplace website started by Advitiya Sharma and Rahul Yadav is now going places. They have set up shop overseas as well. Identify.
A. Housing.in later becoming Housing.com
19. This is a brand of cars from General Motors whose name is derived from the name of a planet. Identify.
20. This is the logo of this company in the middle east.
Questions contributed by Eldrich Rangel.