Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Mumbai – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Saregama – Avinash Mudaliar and Siddhartha Banerjee
- RUNNER UP: Tata Industries – Nikhil Sonde and Sharan Makhija
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. According to an old English song, – “The Mountain Goats Love Love”, what did Sonny Liston rub into his gloves before a fight? (Clues: Animal on the logo, Huge Asian presence)
Ans. Tiger Balm
2. What logo was created by Rockwell Kent in the form of half cottage and half mansion?
3. What name for one of the most watched events in the world, was coined in 1966 as a play on the term to describe a bouncy toy made by Norman Stingley?
4. Co-written by?
Ans. Jimmy Choo
5. Which pioneering filmmaker is associated with Hindustan Cinema Films Co. ?
Ans. Dada Sahib Phalke
6. In 1939, which US president declared the Thursday before last in November as Thanksgiving to extend Christmas shopping season?
7. X were major biz houses in Canton with influence on trade and manufacturing. The Chinese word literally meant row or profession. X is the first word for an Asian city.
Ans. Hong Kong
8. Chuck Robbins. CEO of which networking giant?
9. When names like Aristocrat, which consumers found difficult to pronounce, and Blue Ribbon Burger were rejected,Esther Glickstein Rose,a 21 old secretary coined a specific term for a brand. Which term?
Ans. Big MAC
10. Term coined by Michelle Ryan and Alex Haslam in the UK around 2004 to describe the apparent feeling of falling experienced by females in business.
Ans. Glass Cliff
11. James Ulmer,famous film critic and statistician,proposed the Ulmer scale which aims to quantify a stars value to film production. How do we better know it?
Ans. A list
12. John Sylvane and Peter Dragone founded this company famous for its Single cup serving machine. Name it.
13. What name is derived from the Marwari word for a leaf wrapped in betel nuts, herbs and condiments?
14. Which is the only non human account in the top 10 list of entities with Max Twitter followers?
15. Which brand, in October 1976, led by Herbert sons and United Spirits introduced whisky in Tetra Pak?
16. How to write a memo .10 point process . Who was the author?
Ans. David Ogilvy
17. Nehru once said to JRD Tata “Never talk to me about the word _____, it is a dirty word “. FITB.
18. With the launch of Apple’s 2nd iPhone, came along the app store in 2008. With this iPhone soon became a digital________ ______ ______capable of turning into a gaming console, a guitar tuner and a video editor with a few apps for daily use. FITB
Ans. Swiss Army Knife
19. Word from a dialect in use in the province of Gascony in France where it was used to describe anything which brought luck to household.A French word means talisman, charm. Which word?
20. Reference to which famous Twitter Account?
Ans. Goldman Sachs elevator
Questions contributed by Snehashis Panda.