Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Nagpur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Persistent Systems – Kartik Vyas and Ms. Gayatri Phadnis
- RUNNER UP: AG Enterprises – Mrinmay M and Piyush Ramteke
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Which brand states ‘the road is full of idiots’ and is endorsed by Irfan Khan in TV ads that also takes on the superstition of keeping ‘nimbu mirchi’ for security?
2. Satya Prakash Mathur started this business of manufacturing mixers and registered it in the name of his wife Madhuri. What business did he start?
Ans: Sumeet Mixers
3. This is the logo of which magazine started by Raghav Bahl?
4. Which famous long distance runner from Addis Ababa has now started a coffee business from the proceeds of his running prize money. He has taken Ethiopian coffee to the world map. Which Olympic Gold Medalist is this?
Ans: Hile Gabrisalasi
5. Who is this gentlemen who created a famous Ketchup Brand?
6. According to the movie “Rang Rasiya”, whose dream of making a film is funded by Raja Ravi Verma? Which famous film personality after whom a prestigious award has been instituted are we talking about?
Ans: Dadasaheb Phalke
7. What does ED stand for in EDGAR (GAR stands for Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval) stand for in SEC filings?
Ans: Electronic Data
8. What does DCIM stand for in name of the folder in which photos get stored in a digital camera?
Ans: Digital Camera Images.
9. Which company that started in Gariahat Calcutta owns the following brands “Gini and Jony”, “Spykar”, “Global Desi”, “AND”, “UMM” ?
10. Which thing saw its first use after a tragedy near Junnar in 1960s. It is essentially Orange or Fluorescent red in color but is named differently. What are we talking about?
Ans: Black Box
11. Oswal Chand M started a brand in 1960s which is one of the well known brands in woolens today. Name the brand?
12. Which Controversial undergarment ad did Ranbir Singh feature in, in which he is shown to have bitten a shark?
13. Which famous brand came out with an ad of a gay couple (men) who are partners in real life? This brand had launched Audrey Hepburn.
14. Name this Indian start up?
Ans: Tiny Owl
15. SRF bought a range of medical propellants from this giant. Which chemical company are we talking about? Options: Abott Labs, Solvay, DuPont
16. A book on Elon Musk was shown “How the Billionaire CEO of Tesla and “———-” is shaping the future? FIB.
Ans: Space X
17. Which famous Swedish company is more famous in bus segment in India than in Car?
18. Which video sharing company did Twitter acquire recently? The name of the company is synonymous with a piece of scientific equipment that we used in school.
Ans: Periscope Inc.
19. Who is the chairman of BRICS bank? Hint: Associated with Indian Private Bank
Ans: KV Kamath
20.”The stripes are back” is the hashtag of a European club which changed its Jersey design back to stripes this year. Which club?
Questions contributed by Kartik Vyas.