Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Cochin – External Track Questions
Malayala Manorama: Arun Thomas and Nithin Suresh
Federal Bank Ltd.: Nivesh Nair and Deepak P
1) What was launched at the Frankfurt book fair that announced the company’s unprecedented foray into offline medium from its popular online medium ?
Google Books (Google).
2) Which company started by making clothing for the people of the Italian Alps ? It gained prominence when a hugely popular sportsperson endorsed it ?
FILA (Bjorn Borg)
3) In earlier days the Jews could not hold land in Italy so along with local traders they put up benches and began to trade . What was thus originated ?
4) The London Zoo has bust of which personality of Indian origin ?
Lord Swaraj Paul
5) Once upon a time ,________ was a Rice Exporter, had a business involving oil and grain exporting . Later he became a huge name in entertainment industry. Who ?
Subash Chandra ( Essel , Zee)
6) Which brand derives its name from the oil of bean of a flowery plant ?
Castrol ( from castor oil)
1) Print advert by which brand ?
– Nilkamal ( notice the blue plastic chair underneath the elephant )
2) Identify (pictures of different products such as coirs, crops,paper were shown)
– Tihar Jail products
3) Identify the infrastructure company?
– Part Logo of RITES.
4) Who are behind this venture ?
– Mahela Jayawardene and Kumara Sangakkara
5) Identify to a business group?
– Adlabs ( Imagica Theme Park )
6) Identify the cement company founded by this person?
– Binani Cements
1) Which Tata group company is into pharmaceutical and drugs research ?
2) Which Tata company is associated with the ‘The Victoria Jungfrau ‘ collection ?
3) Which Tata brand positions itself as ‘We help you buy ‘ ?
4) Which Tata group subsidiary companies services include water management, power distribution, infrastructure solutions, public health and horticulture services ?
(This round was the turning point as the duo from Malayala Manorama cruised with all 4 questions and 60 crucial points in their kitty.The visuals are just suggestive while the actual were on the same lines.)
– Pernord Ricard (Logo; Vikram Seth endorses Absolut Vodka; founders)
– Intel ( McAfee owned by Intel , founders )
– Sara Lee ( old name ,owner,partnership)
1) Who is the founder of Flag Foundation of India ?
– Naveen Jindal
2) What connects: Spark, Dare, Woo, Storm, Rush ?
– Kamasutra (deodorant variants)
3) Who is behind the Purti Group ?
– Nitin Gadkari
– Questions contributed by Mr. Nivesh Nair.