Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Kochi – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Malayala Manorama – Arun Thomas and Nitin Suresh
- RUNNER UP: Defence Accounts (Indian Navy) – Shibin Azad and Anil Kumar
Regional Round Questions:
1. What was invented after ‘The Victoria Hall’ disaster of 1883 in Britain?
Ans. Emergency Door
[1.Logo of Wiki Voyages 2.GNU free Documentation viruses 3.Bill Clinton was first to have a Wikipedia page. 4. Flag of Hawai : It uses the Hawaiian word for quick.]
4. What got introduced in 1880 by John _____ an ‘MA Fellow & Lecturer in Moral Science, Caius College, Cambridge University ‘ , in a paper entitled on the Diagrammatic & Mechanical Representation of Propositions & Reasoning which appeared in the Philosophical magazine & journal of Science?
Ans. Venn Diagram
5. Realising the strategic importance of which commodity, the then Imperial Govt. of India constituted the Lindsay Harlow Committee in 1920, to look into all aspects of the country’s trade & its development?
6. Whose tagline is this “ There’s nothing like a hug & launched the Every Little Bottom program in 2010-11”?
7. Identify the brand.
8. On which website would you find Snoo, the alien? (Hint: 6 letters)
Ans. RMKV Group (Rm. K Visvanatha Pillai) [Silk Retailer]
[ 1. Founder of RMKV Rm. K Visvanatha Pillai & his Descendants Sri.V.Kumaraswamy and his brother Sri.K.Viswanathan. 2 & 3. Bridal Seven & Srinika are the collection of RMKV 4. Jyothika , brand ambassador of RMKV 5. Designer Sreee of RmKV Hamsa Damayanthi, based on the Raja Ravi Varma painting and modeled by then-unknown Deepika Padukone.]
[1, 2 & 4 . Brands of Suguna, started at Udumalaipettai 3. Video : Interview with the founder B Soundarajan.]
11. “ If service wasn’t important, if technology wasn’t complex, if variety wasn’t confusing , We would have no reason to be in business. We help you buy. “ Whose philosophy is this? (Hint: 5 letters)
12. Identify him.
Ans. H P Nanda of Escorts
13. How do we know this company now?
Ans. Saint Gobain
14. Amistad, a Steven Spielberg film released in late 1997, covers the story of a certain Lewis Tappan & his crusade to defend the rights of slaves. What is he known in the world of business for?
Ans. Dun and Bradstreet
Ans. Quaker Oats
16. Which company has the limited edition 7 deadly Sins series of where flavours were named after the seven deadly sins. Sins was followed by another limited edition range in 2005. (Hint: 6 letters)
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL, Bhopal