Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Kochi – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Idea Cellular – Anandan and Vivek Kumar
- RUNNER UP: Kraft Labs – Arun and Sreeram
Regional Round Questions:
1.Sold on Flipkart in India , the prices for these range from Rs. 900 to 3500.What are these which is going to be hugely popular across the world to be a multi million dollar industry, comes in different flavours.
Ans. E cigerettes (two different brands Zaap & halo were shown in the combined image)
2.According to the French government which product is sold every thirty seconds & generates sales $100 million dollars a year?
(Deepika Paduone in the film ‘Piku’ : Brand Ambassador 2. Founder William Wrigley Jr. 3. Wrigley owns Mars and Mars owns Snickers 4. The Wrigley Building on Michigan Avenue, one of Chicago’s best-known landmarks on the Magnificent Mile, belongs to the company and headquarters since 2005. 5. Wrigley Field is a baseball park located on the North Side of Chicago, Illinois, United States. It is the home of the Chicago Cubs, one of the city’s two Major League Baseball (MLB) franchises.)
4. Which leading securities firm in Japan is named after its founder Tokushichi & is also nicknamed as ‘Gulliver’?
5. Identify the automaker.
Ans. Tesla Motors
6. ”Connect” is a platform that connects teachers across different campuses within the same group of schools. Which Tata company is behind this?
Ans. Tata Class Edge
7. Which company first appeared in 1824 as the New York Gas Light Company & has been continuously listed on the NYSE for the longest time?
Ans. The consolidated Edison Company
Ans. PNG Jewllers (Purushottam Narayan Gadgil)
[1. Salman Khan endorses PNG. 2. Dajkaka (Anant Ganesh Gadgil) founded Global Mind Sports Foundation for the game of Chess. 3. Madhuri Dixit is the brand ambassador 4. Anant Ganesh Gadgil (3rd generation of the original founder) founded the Pune unit coming from Sangil due to escaping the plague in Sangil.]
9. The ‘Internet’s Own Boy’ is the documentary about which computer programmer, entrepreneur turned Internet activist?
Ans. Aaron Swartz
10. Which is the most famous work of this author?
Ans. Rich Dad Poor Dad
11 . Which brand has deepened its innovation partnership with Team Sky by co-engineering the world’s first bespoke bicycle with bicycle with bicycle manufacturing experts, Pinarello?
12. What animated character by Geoffry Morgan Pike made its debut on Australian TV in 1957 was used in animated TV in 1957 was used in animated TV commercials by Bryce Courtenay since 1962?
Ans. Louie, the fly (Mortein)
13. Which famous lady is the author of this book?
Ans. Ariana Huffington
14. What International standard was developed by John S. Hoffman & implemented by Cathy Zoi & Brian Johnson?
Ans. Energy Star
15. Which company has undertaken the Mahseer conservative initiative since 1975 & has set up a breeding centre at Walwan Gardens, Lonavala?
Ans. TATA POWER
16. Ratan N Tata, Cyrus P Mistry & professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharya unveiled the foundation stone of the new £150 million National Automotive Innovation Centre on the campus.Which university is this?
Ans. University of Warwick
Ans. Rajan Raheja Group
[1. Commercial of Exide Batteries : brand of the group 2. RMC Readymix a JV of the Raheja group with RMC group,UK. 3. Sania Mirza is brand ambassador 4. Morphed logo of Hathway media : is also owned by the group.]
18. Which two wheeler manufacturer was incorporated in Coimbatore by the textile group KLV under K L Varadarajan?
19. ________________ is a guessing word game invented by Robert Angel with graphic design by Gary Everson & was first published in 1985 by Angel Games Inc.
20. This gentleman lends his name to a very famous telecom company . Lars Magnus is large part of his name. Identify him.
[1. Revlon ad. 2. The Revlon Run Walk is a 5km race running and walking event that is important to cancer survivors and those who want to contribute. 3. Halle Berry is brand ambassador 4. Revlon team of 1951 (left to right) Charles Revson (president), Charles Lachman (vice-president), Martin Revson (vice-president) and Joseph Revson (treasurer and general manager). 4. Founder Charles Revson.]
22. She is creator promoter and the director of the of a famous resort in south India ‘The Tamara’. She happens to be the daughter of an extremely famous person. Identify her.
Ans. Shruti Shibulal, daughter of Infosys co-founder & former CEO, S D Shibulal.
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL, Bhopal