Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz – 2013 Coimbatore
It was a memorable day of quizzing at Coimbatore, as the opening city of the 10th edition of Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz -2013, got off to a phenomenal start. With over 75 teams participating in the preliminary round, six teams qualified for the finals and the quiz witnessed a cut-off as high as 15. The current National Champions (Chennai Silks) made a slow start in the first round and picked up pace in the following rounds. Their preparation was evident from their performance in the TATA rounds. It was a close call for second place between the teams from Brookefields Estates and Kumbhat & Co., where in the end, Kumbhat & Co. took the second place with the last question.
Chennai Silks – Yogesh Pai and Arul Saravanan
Kumbhat & Co – Sheilendra Bhansali and Ms.Priya Bhansali
1. Edwin Budding invented the first of this type in 1827 in Thrupp, Gloucestershire, UK. What was it?
– Lawn Mower
2. Dairy Milk, the brand of milk chocolates, world over is manufactured by Cadbury, except in the United States, who is it made by there?
3. Ranbir Kapoor is the brand ambassador of which car manufacturer in India?
4. What name did Star News adopt on June 1, 2012
– ABP News
5. “Your typing while you drive is as bad as your driving while you type”. Whose advertisement is this?
6. Which Japanese electronics giant had the name “Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd.” from 1935 to October 2008?
7. Rajat Gupta was convicted in June 2012 on insider trading charges stemming from Raj Rajaratham with regards to which company?
– Goldman Sachs
8. Who leads Ceejay Group, a big player in the tobacco industry?
– Praful Patel
9. Which is the largest mobile operator in terms of numbers in Bangladesh?
10. Which newspaper is using the following campaign?
11. If Samsung is the largest Chaebol (South Korean Conglomerate), which is the second largest Chaebol?
12. ‘Adidas master Blaster Elite’ is a personalized _________________, manufactured by Adidas for Sachin Tendulkar.
– Cricket Bat
13. Which clothing company started its business at Sacramento Street, San Francisco in 1853?
14. Which product/ brand did ‘Lalitaji’ make famous in Indian advertising?
15. Who is the author of the best seller “Guerrilla marketing”?
– Jay Conrad Levinson
16. In 1949, in Sycamore, Illinois, Ed Seymour derived a novel solution to demonstrate an aluminum paint he had created for painting steam radiators. He used a known principle for this demo, but it became popular and he ended up founding a company. What did he invent?
– Aerosol Paint
17. The ‘Platinum Lounge’, a royal luxurious movie-viewing experience, is now known as ‘Wave Cinemas’. Who was its founder?
– Ponty Chadda
18. What did Timothy Leary, American Psychologist and writer, refer to as the LSD of the future?
19. The first of this name was set up by Ramakishen Dutt in Calcutta in 1828. The second Bank of India was incorporated in London in the year 1836 as an Anglo-Indian bank. The third bank named Bank of India was registered in Bombay (Mumbai) in the year 1864. What was the name of the bank?
– Bank of India
20. She is Melanie Healey. She heads the feminine division of which FMCG giant?
– Procter and Gamble
21. What financial services company was founded by Rashesh Shah and Venkat Ramaswamy and was named after a national symbol, especially Austria?
– Edelweiss Capital
22. Youngest of three children of an army doctor Lt. Col. Dr. Bantwal Ganapathi, this industrialist capped an academic career with the Doon School and Presidency College, Kolkata. In 1948, he replaced R.G.N. Price as the Chairman of the company that is now headed by his flamboyant son. Who?
– Vittal Mallya
23. What word comes from Latin for ‘Caseus’, which means ‘to turn sour’?
24. Ganesh C Jain and Ratan D.Jain started this as a cassette company in the early 1980s. Which brand from the music industry is this?
– Venus Cassettes
25. This is the son on a person who revolutionized cricket. Who?
– James Packer
Questions Contributed by Raghav Rithvik.
Raghav Rithvik is a mechanical engineer by profession, avid photographer, motorcycle aficionado and tech enthusiast. He is one of them who loves the why of things!