Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Coimbatore – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER:Brookfields – Balasubramaniam and Ashwin
- RUNNER UP: Chennai Silks – Arul Sarvanan and Yogesh Pai
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) Which comic character’s favorite food is “chocolate flavored sugar bombs”?
Ans. Calvin ( Calvin and Hobbes)
2) The first female chief executive of a FTSE 100 company, Marjorie Scardino, became head of publishing of which major publishing company?
3) Whose logo?
Ans. MGM Grand
4) Question on first TV commercial in India.
5) In 2013, Vanheusen announced a contest to find India Top 10 Fashionable professional. Which social network did it partner?
6) Which brand of manufacturing and exporting since 1958 did Abdul Rasheed find is the official clothing partner of Pakistan cricket?
Ans. CA Sports
7) Which major studio is now finding super heroes like this?
8) The artist Francis Bacon is reputed to use which brand which means “force” or “vigor” in latin as a substitute for toothpaste?
9) Who once told “Harpers Bazaar” in 1923 that simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance?
Ans. Coco Chanel
10) Which is the only Indian state to sponsor a Durga Puja?
11) Nita Ambani bought the Costliest sari. Which Retail major did this sari?
Ans. The Chennai Silks
12) Which game released in 1980 (on Fortune mags 50th anniversary) was American version of French game called Business. Each player ran one of Americas top corporation? (guessable)
13) Which Bharath Ratna’s recording label is “East meets West”?
Ans. Pandit Ravi Shankar
14) Question on Aviators.
15) Identify – recently became head of an Indian major oil company?
Ans. Nishi Vasudeva
16) In 1982, who bought the gay nightclub Heaven, located at Charing cross railway station?
Ans. Richard Branson
17) Question on VFR in Tourism.
18) Question on India’s first Diesel engine and first electric motor.
Ans. Valerie Wagoner
Questions Contributed by Anuradha Pai