Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Gurgaon – External Track Questions
The second edition of the Gurgaon Crucible saw a modest turnout but there were no let-ups in the quality of quizzing though. In the end, the usual suspects Genpact (with the old warhorse Rohan and the campus winner from earlier this year, Leo Thomas) defended their title with ease. The emergence of some fresh faces in the stage does augur well for the possible next editions of the quiz in this region.
Genpact (Rohan Khanna & Leo Thomas)
- RUNNER UP:
Reckitt Benckiser (Mohit & Rajeev)
Other Finalists- DY Works, Bacardi, 2 teams from Reckitt Benckiser, Google.
1) What in the world of automobiles is called ‘Cross Badging’?
– A strategy used globally in the auto sector by group companies sharing the same car or platform with minor engineering changes.
2) He has reinvented himself as dealmaker, a globetrotting advisor and a philantrophist with WindRush ventures. The company raked in an income of 16 million pounds. Who?
– Tony Blair
3) Which Indian conglomerate has the largest market in chairs and desks in Afghanistan. It thought of selling its bicycles in India during 1930s. But World War II broke out and a ship carrying manufacturing equipment of bicycles sunk and thus they backed out of the Bicycles selling segment.
4) Its called Mordida in Spain ; Winepot (FRA); Butterbread in Scandinavian countries. Its estimated value is 1 trillion $ worldwide. How do we know it in India
– Bribe (derived from Briba)
5) Caxi Rola- instrument based on caxixi. Also known as IDIOPhone. This is banned in Brazil. What’s this product?
6) This place has the following sequence of prefixes- Fosters: AMP: Brit Insurance:KIA in terms of bidding rights.
– Oval Cricket Ground
1) Identify –
– Viren Shah, Ex Governor of West Bengal, CMD of Mukund
2) This entrance can be found where?
– LEGO VAULT (Museum)
– McDonalds drive through in Australia. Macca’s is slang for McDonalds over there. And, to differentiate from another local brand with a McDonalds sounding name, they started using Macca’s.
4) Significance of the book?
– Construction of Panama Canal and its transformation to business in the region.
– Shripal Morakhia (Sharekhan)
– Ajax (Water Closet- Flushing system used in toilets)
1) Tata company- authorized distributor of Piaggio’s “Aero” aircraft – P180 Avanthi in Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Mauritius, etc.?
– Taj Air
2) One of the fastest growing cement brands- Tata Shuddh. Which company makes it?
– Tata Chemicals
3) Which brand invited Facebook fans to come up with an alternative to the end of world prophecized by the mayan prediction?
4) Erstwhile Tata partner- Was a partner of Manchester United at one time.
– Amar Chitra Katha
– Marilyn Monroe (Hugh Hefner; 6126- Monroe birth date; Kidman tribute to Monroe)
– Doonesbury (Garry Trudeau is the creator, Buffet and Trump appear on Doonesbury, Doonesbury won a Pulitzer)
– Bird & Co. (Eastern Investments Ltd is a government undertaking; Bisra Stone Lime Company Limited is a part of Bird & Co.; Amitabh Bachchan had his first job at Bird)
1) First plant at Sankar Nagar. (Buzzer pressed)
2) Indian organization- 1st TV ad in 157 years was aired during opening day of CWG 2010.
3) Company publishes the global innovation barometer which examines state of business innovation in a volatile global economy.
– Questions reviewed by Subhodeep Jash.
Subhodeep is currently working as a Consultant (Regulatory Affairs) with Dua Consulting. He is an avid (quizzer + movie buff + ManUtd fan ). He won the Tata Crucible Campus Edition from Pune in 2008 as well as the ‘ET in Campus’ Business Quiz from Pune in 2008 & 2010.