Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Guwahati – External Track Questions
Pioneers and Partners – Syed Burhanur Rahman and Shah Syed Rahman
- RUNNER UP:
NTPC – Sujit Varkey and P Sengupta
1. This kind of tax existed in the 18th and 19th century and was introduced in 1696 under William III because of the fact that people have more number of ventilation in their house and thus tax was levied. What?
Answer- Window Tax
2. Which English word was derived from the adjective ‘to form or gather into a mass or whole’?
3. In the early 1900’s , exactly in 1907 ________ was created in Gujarat by the Gandhi family. Two years ago this was in news for a character Ranchod Gandhi and they used have specialization in fountain company. Fill in the blank.
Answer- Vadilal Ice Creams
4. According to the trademark, it is defined as a means of scratch or group around to find, collect and put together. What?
5. Famous car launched by this gigantic corporation means ‘sport of the kings’ that shared it’s name with a famous confectionary brand. What?
6. Nenen Kona was the first officially allowed commercial item from US to USSR. What?
Answer- Pepsi Cola
1. Which company uses this image on their logo?
Answer- Texas Instruments
2. Identify her who recently started a retail hospitality venture.
Answer- Shruti Shibulal daughter of S. D Shibulal of Infosys . She runs Tamara Real Estate Holdings.
3. Identify this Indian ad guru.
Answer- Sam Balsara
4. Name the Indian.
Answer- Satyajit Ray
5. Which company in news with respect to India?
Answer- POSCO Steel; the region is Pohang in South Korea
1. If F.C Kohli was the first to be chosen by JRD Tata, who was the second?
Answer – Nani Palkhivala; 2nd CEO of TCS
2. Which Tata company funded lifeline Express ?
3. Which Tata Brand gets it’s name from “an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases”?
Answer- Nebula from Titan
4. Which Tata company launched ‘Ecoplus ‘ which is Acrylic Distemper water based, interior finish?
Answer- Tata Pigments
Answer- Euro Currency
Answer- The Hindu
1. Little People, Laugh & Learn, Loving Family. These are brands of which MNC?
Answer- Fisher Price
2. Grit, Guts and Gumption: Driving change in a state-owned giant is a book written by Rajesh Chakrabarti. Which Indian Bank?
Answer- State Bank of India
3. ‘The Power of an Idea’ by Paul Chutkow is described as the story of which untold company formed in America?
– Questions contributed by Kapinjal Chowdhury. Kapinjal graduated this year from Assam Engineering College, Guwahati and presently stays at Hyderabad. He is an avid quizzer and along with his twin brother Kamanasish won several quizzes across the state and the country. He is the founder of Assam Quiz Association and writes a quiz blog namely aecqfactor.com which is the first quiz-blog from North-East India!