Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Guwahati – Preliminary Round Questions
Pioneers and Partners – Syed Burhanur Rahman and Shah Syed Rahman
- RUNNER UP:
NTPC – Sujit Varkey and P Sengupta
1. ”My greatest strength as a consultant is to be ignorant and ask a few questions.” Which management guru and author said these lines?
Answer- Peter Drucker
2. While at Ford this executive created the “56 for 56” campaign, offering loans on 1956 model year cars with 20% down payment at 56$ in monthly payments for 3 years. Who?
Answer- Lee Iacocca
3. ”To remove water from a boat by repeatedly filling a cantilever & emptying it over the side.” Which management term evolved from that which is done to help a company when it sinks?
4. Country Club India has signed which celebrity as it’s new brand ambassador? (Hint- glamorous sportsperson)
Answer- Sania Mirza
5. Who is the author?
Answer- Bill Gates
6. Canara Bank has declared Kunjupannai village in Nilgiri district as _________ free. Fill in the blank.
Answer- Money lending
7. Ashish Hemrajani and Parikshit Dar are the founders of which entertainment portal in India?
8. Which pharma giant has come up with an agreement with the Puducherry government for pulling out diabetes and hypertension of old people?
Answer- Pyra Labs
9. Philosophy of which brand, “ Leather, Sport and a Tradition of Refined Elegance”?
10. Identify the person from the image.
Answer- Driving License of J.R.D Tata
11. Which publisher began it’s operation by purchasing “dress” in 1913?
Options- Conde Nast/Vogue/ Time
Answer- Conde Nast
12. Which anti-virus was developed by Pavel Baudis and Eduard Kucera in Prague meaning ‘huge reach’?
13. Which sportswear company named a former footballer Bjørn Gulden as it CEO?
14. Which marketing field studies “consumers’ sensorimotor, cognitive, and affective response to marketing stimuli”?
Answer- Neuro Marketing
15. Logo of?
16. This Indian worked for IBM in India from 1973 to 1976, then moved to the United States, where he earned an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1978. He joined McKinsey & Co., but returned to India in the early 1980s. He now works as the president of Berkshire Hathway. Who?
Answer- Ajit Jain
17. What was Jawaharlal Nehru referring to when he was expressing his views for a particular event held in 1957 by these words “ silent, but far reaching revolution”?
Answer- Decimalisation of Currency
18. Which fashion designer, textile maker, craftsman was awarded the Padmashri in 2013?
Answer- Ritu Kumar
19. Whose concept was “Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid”?
Answer- C K Prahlad
20. Identify the personality.
Answer- Yash Birla
– Questions contributed by Kapinjal Chowdhury. Kapinjal graduated this year from Assam Engineering College, Guwahati and presently stays at Hyderabad. He is an avid quizzer and along with his twin brother Kamanasish won several quizzes across the state and the country. He is the founder of Assam Quiz Association and writes a quiz blog namely aecqfactor.com which is the first quiz-blog from North-East India!