Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Jamshedpur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Tata Steel – Ms.Sneha Ranjan and Srijan Das
- RUNNER UP: Tata Motors – Dr. Amitabh Thakur and Mrs. Bhawna Thakur
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) What term has a meaning to have or work in a secondary job has been derived from the practice of “carrying out of cattle-maiming, murders, etc, during the night”?
2) In 1996, D&B spun off and sold their credit monitoring and management business to a newly formed company. Which market research firm?
A. AC Nielsen
3) Hrithik had partnered with which Bangalore based e-commerce firm to launch a brand called HRX?
4) Complete the name of the book written by Paranjoy Guha “Gas Wars : Crony Capitalism and the _____”?
5) Jitendra Bhargava , a former executive director wrote a book titled “The descent of _________”?
A. Air India
6) Whose Book has the sub-title “Women, Work and the Will to Lead”?
A. Lean In
7) Who has acquired the apparel brand Spykar?
A. Biyani’s Future Group
8) Which online restaurant guide has acquired New Zealand-based eatery discovery service provider menumania.co.nz for an undisclosed amount as part of its global expansion plans?
9) ____________ is a brand of home appliances which was launched during October 1996. It makes kitchen appliances, TVs, air conditioners, air coolers and health appliances. It used to be positioned as “Star in the Kitchen”?
10) Realising the need to encourage research in herbal healthcare, this company that is a big name in ayurvedic product segment gives away an award of Rs 2 lakhs every year for the best publication on ayurveda?
11) Identify from the logo:
A. Club Mahindra
13) Bank started by A. Subba Rao Pai in south coastal India. Which?
A. Canara Bank
14) Old logo of a bank with the name of a city. Identify.