Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Kolkata – Preliminary Round Questions
Results (Tata Track):
TCS – Abhishek Das and Sudip Kalyan Dey
- RUNNER UP:
mJunction – Debasish Mukerjee and Abhishek Kar
Results (External Track):
HSBC – Saurabh Deora and Anirvan Bhadra
- RUNNER UP:
Emami Ltd – Abhishek Chakraborthy and Alekhya Chakraborthy
1. What in Gujarat is known as Chaar Bangadi?
2. Which book published in 1859 is the largest selling single volume book ever? (Clue: It sold 2 Million copies till date)
– A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
3. Which beautiful consort wrote a book titled ‘The Sandwich Swap’ in 2011? (Clue: Think Royalty)
– Queen Rania of Jordan
4. Rellure a brand owned by the Reliance Life Science Pvt Ltd., is associated with which fruit?
5. Who’s the author of the book?
– Benjamin Graham
6. First there were Harmony, Tempo and Allegro & then came Puma, Jaguar, Snow Leopard. What are these?
– Apple OS versions
7. In gaming what does RMG stands for?
– Real Money Gaming
8. Which actor aspired to be a professional photographer & started his career as an apprentice in A. Das & Co., Delhi? (Clue: We’ve lost him recently)
– Pran Krishan Sikand
9. Who has unveiled the new search engine named PLUS D (The Public Library of United States Diplomacy)? (Clue: Very much in news)
– Julian Assange
10. Who’s the advertiser?
11. What is jointly owned by Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and Idea Cellular?
– Indus Towers
12. Andhra Pradesh markets which of these coffee brands? (Options given: Araku/Tirumala/Telengana)
13. What unique thing has been started by Samoa Air?
– Charging Passengers by their Weight
14. Satya Rajpurohit, calligrapher and co-founder of Ahmedabad-based design firm Indian Type Foundry, says he arrived at the perfect ‘L’ after trying more than 400 strokes over 2-3 weeks. And they’ve trademarked the letter ‘L’. Whose logo? (Clue: Hospitality)
– Leela Group
15. Identify her? (Clue: CRISIL)
– Roopa Kudva
16. Which series had inspired Martin Copper to conceive the idea of Mobile Phone in 1973?
– Star Trek
17. After which everyday product is Hyundai’s vehicle, the E4U designed?
18. By exporting which fruit from the national tree of Bangladesh has India got INR 800 Cr Revenue?
19. This is a list of ______ per capita. What?
- Monaco: 3/35,427
- St Kitts and Nevis: 1/53,051
- Hong Kong: 39/7.1 Million
- Belize: 1/356,600
- Cyprus: 3/1.1 Million
- Israel: 17/7.8 Million
20. Which Indian Group’s next generation are this?
– Parle (Chauhans)
21. This is a job for people who like globetrotting, Heinrich Kubis was first in the world in 1912?
– Flight Attendant
22. This American senator was the first to orbit the Earth and also the oldest person to travel in space. Who?
– John Glenn
23. A simple _________ from the White House wipes billions off US markets in the month of April, 2013. What?
24. Which adventurist Indian businessman is the founder of the Super Car Club in India & set the record for the fastest lap at the Buddh International Circuit in Ferrari 458 Challenge?
– Gautam Singhania; Raymond Group
25. Younger age picture of which head of a global financial institution?
– Christine Lagarde; IMF
– Questions contributed by Rabi Shankar Saha