Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Nagpur – Preliminary Round Questions
Persistent Systems – Kartik Vyas and Ms. Gayatri Phadnis
- RUNNER UP:
Think Consultants – Parag Paranjpe and Ranjit D
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) Which financial services company was founded by Rashesh Shah and Venkat Ramaswamy? The name of which shares its name with a flower having scientific name as Leontopodium Alpinum considered as a national symbol of Austria and Switzerland.
2) Internet and mobile marketers use the acronym BRICI. If the first four letters constitute of the usual Jim O’Neil given BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) then what does the letter “I” represent?
3) This is a beverage brand owned by PepsiCo. The name is an abbreviation of South Beach, named after the upscale area
located in Miami Beach, Florida. Name the brand.
4) This event is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL). An American holiday when a huge amount of food is consumed. (Some more clues)
A) Super Bowl
5) In 2006, an international daily ran a game called “In the pink” in which a player was put in the virtual role of Chief Executive and the goal was to have the highest profit when the game closes. Which daily?
A) Financial Times
6) Robert Fisk in the year 2009, came up with the story “The Demise of the _____” in a The Independent which led to a possibility of an Arab world ending. Complete the phrase.
7) The Bank from Netherlands which is rooted in the ideas of F W Raiffeisen, the founder of the cooperative movement of credit unions who in 1864 created the first farmers’ bank in Germany. Name the bank?
A) Rabo Bank
A) Datta Samant
9) A question on Philip Kotler
10) Its symptoms include headache, drowsiness, concentration problems, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, gastrointestinal distress,
sweating, nausea, hyper-excitability and anxiety. (Some origin facts and meanings in other languages provided)
11) Founded in Bangladesh by Radhyashyam Roy in 1932, along with KK Chatterjee. Identity this emerging insurance group in India.
A) Peerless Insurance
12) X originated in South Africa as the oil of X. Graham Wulff, an ex Unilever chemist from Durban started it in 1949. The name ‘Oil of X‘ was chosen by Wulff as a spin on the word Lanolin as a key ingredient in the item. Which beauty product?
13) The first of its kind was established at Shannon Airport in Ireland by Brendan O’Regan in 1947.
A) Duty Free Shops
15) Which is the first city in India to experiment with public transport buses running on ethanol?
16) A question on Hero Pens.
17) A question on London School of Economics.
18) How does the world better know Barbara Millicent Roberts?
19) A question on Meru Cabs.
Wild Card Round
1) Producing interlocking bricks…(Buzzer pressed)
2) They had an advertisement saying ” Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black”.
3) Lined legal sized in North America, had a watermark in 18th century, looked like the head of a person.
A) Foolscap Paper
4) The term ” Blue Chip ” originated from which game?
5) Name the famous brand of JW Foster?
6) Marcus Samuel’s sea shell collection…(buzzer pressed).
A) Shell corporation
7) Famous retail giant which have brand St. Michaels quality products.
A) Marks & Spencer
8) “Samoa Air” introduced air ticket fare for the customers with a new concept.
A) Charging people by their weight.
1) Who is the CEO of Fairfax financial corporation?
A) Prem Watsa
2) In the world of gaming, what does “RM” in RM Games stand for?
A) Real Money Games
Questions contributed by Vrushabh Gudade. Vrushabh is someone has a serious passion for quizzing and likes quizzing from his heart. He likes knowledge and all that he has gained so far is just due to quizzing.
He also remarks the following ” The peaceful evening unfolded with an interesting and new format to the quiz which surely was able to make the participants scratch their heads. Thanks to our beloved, humorous and ever enthusiastic Pickbrain who had completed TCS IT WIZ regional rounds in the city a few hours ago and was still successful to keep the entire audience lively and every mind brimming with curiosity..The quiz had many new elements with nice fundas and connect questions having answers as simple as “Biryani”!