Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Navi Mumbai – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER :
Cap Gemini – Rajashri Chanda and Mayank Shah
- RUNNER UP:
Idea Forge Technologies – Shubhankar Ghokale and Piyush D
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Founded on August 23, 1890 by Emilio Rangel Pestana how do we better know the “Bolsa de valores de Sao Paulo”?
2. A study by Raj Mehta and Russell W Belk, titled ‘Artifacts, Identity & Transition: Favourite Possessions of Indian & Indian Immigrants to the United States’, in 1991 found that the second and most frequently cited possession by Indian women was _________.
A. Godrej Steel Cupboards
3. The word was first mentioned in Waris Shah’s 18th century poem Heer Ranjha (1766). Reference to it can also be found in the book “A dictionary of the economic products of India” by George Watt publishedin 1891.
A. Basmati Rice
4. Identify the company.
7. Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement to the Indian Stock Exchange came into effect from 31 Dec 2005. It has been formulated for the improvement of what in all listed companies? (CSR /Corporate Governance)
A. Corporate Governance
8. Ralph Vaerst suggested what name in the weekly newspaper ‘Electronic News’ starting on Jan 11,1971? Something that did not become widely known and used until the early 19980 at the time of IBM PC and numerous related hardware and software products to the consumer products?
A. Silicon Valley
9. A new and remarkable energy animated Hollywood between the coming of sound at the end of 1920s and the strict enforcement of the 1934 production code censoring “unwholesome onscreen behaviour. What were these known as?
A. Pre Censorship Era
10. What very common practise found in modern films come from this book?
A. Subliminal Advertising
11. This semi-nomadic tribe of Africa is peeved that dozens of companies are using their name for business estimated to be worth $ 10 million. Name the tribe?
12. If you are suffering from”Mauerkrankheit”, you would be afraid of confined spaces. What construction caused this disease in Europe to many?
A. Berlin Wall
11. This letter used to be an order to the land revenue collector to reimburse the money to potedar. Which Marwari community name comes from this word?
A. Aston Martin
13. What is Polish Doctor LL Zamenhof known for?
(Esperanto / Tumi )
14. Charles Kettering at the Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company co-founded with Edward Deeds in 1909 and invented something and in 1912 Cadillac became the first car to have this. What?
A. Electronic Starters
15. Who along with Charles Marie de La Condamine is said to have rigged and won French Government lottery that ran from 1728 to 1730, thereby making him so rich that _____ never had to work and earn a living?
16. What started as Jonathan’s Coffee House?
A. London Stock Exchange
17. In 1967, Frito Lay came up with a new mascot that was the classic western movie stereotype of a mexican bandit complete with a droopy moustache and unshaven face.
A. Frito Bandito
18. Francis Pettygrove won the best two out of three coin toss against Asa Lovejoy in the parlour of Francis Ermatinger House in Oregon city . This was about naming right of what?
19. This company promoted by NAFED & FTIL is in news for wrong reasons. Which one?
20. Which businessmen is associated with this university ?
A. Jack Welsh
Questions contributed by Viraj Morabia.