Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Navi Mumbai – Regional Finals Questions
- WINNER :
Cap Gemini – Rajashri Chanda and Mayank Shah
- RUNNER UP:
Idea Forge Technologies – Shubhankar Ghokale and Piyush D
Regional Finals Questions:
1. A company named Ivoclar Vivadent of Liechtenstein manufactures 60 million of these annually in 10,000 different shades and shapes, which account for 40 per cent of all sales in Europe and 20 per cent worldwide. With a turnover of some 600 million Swiss francs, Ivoclar has 1.3 million consumers in 120 countries using its products. What product, which is the country’s leading export?
A. Father of Public Relations
3. What engineering company was founded in Turin, 1978 by Franco Mantegazza and taken over in 2002 by Rieter Holding Ltd. They designed Tata’s Nano?
A. I.DE.A Institute
A. Ranbir Kapoor
5. This e-com portal was co-founded by Arun Chandra Mohan, Praveen Sinha and Lakshmi Potluri after which Manu Jain and Mukul Bafana joined the organisation.
6. In marketing of Scandinavian beers (like Carlsberg, Tuborg etc.), what is J-day?
A. Julebryg Day – The day of the Danish Christmas Beer
7. Bugs Bunny for promoting Tang, Fred Flintstone for Winston cigarettes, Dennis the Menace for Dairy Queen are all examples of __________. What?
A. Billboard captures moisture and converts it into water
9. In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence. How do we know this principle as? (_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
A. Peter’s Principle
11. Founded in Turin in 1895 by Luigi, it was initially run from a small grocery store at Via San Tommaso. Identify this coffee brand.
12. This pharma company was founded by KB Suri. (_ _ _ _ _ _ _)
14. Indian Bank first set up a pilot branch here in 2005, when business began to boom in the area due to what was called ‘urban financial inclusion’. Two years later the bank called the place a showcase of Indian entrepreneurship with bustling of economic activities like tanneries, plastics, garments, confectionaries etc and converted the pilot with 6317 accounts into a full-fledged branch with an ATM. Within three years, the brand had 35,578 account and deposits of Rs.41.29 crores. Which area/place?
A. P C Parekh
16. The phrase first originated in a music tune by Fred W Leigh. It was popularised by a famous brand in 1924 through a series of ads featuring a pitiful woman by the name Edna or Eleanor who was unfortunate in love and for reasons unknown to herself and was never able to find love. But people around her knew the reason and since it was an embarrassing subject they never told her about it. What phrase?
A. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
17. What innovative concept is introduced by this beer vending machine?
A. Operates only through passport
18. “India’s largest publisher of mass appeal books” (_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
A. Pustak Mahal
19. What is the significance of this machine?
21. The creators of Angry Birds chose pigs as the enemies of the birds because something was in the news world over at that time. What?
A. Swine Flu
A. Khan Academy
Questions contributed by Viraj Morabia.