Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Pune Leg
Results (Tata Track):
- WINNER: TCS – Ms.Abha Shah and Suchir Sen
- RUNNER UP: Tata Sky – Vivek Koka and Arjun Siva
Results (Non Tata Track):
- WINNER: IBM – Rohit Jain and Arnold D’Souza
- RUNNER UP: Asma Institute of Management – Prof. Raghunandan and Prof. Sudeep
1. Who is the fashion director of Satya Paul in India?
(Clue – She is the child of a renowned cricketer and a yesteryear actress)
– Masaba Gupta
2. It was the first place in India to screen a movie and is India’s oldest iron cast building. Sadiq Ali currently owns it. Which building?
(Clue – It is now a hotel called the ______)
– The Watson Hotel
3. This Italian luxury fashion house is footing the bill of € 2.18 Million for the restoration of the Trevi Fountain in Rome. Which entity?
(Options – Armani or Prada or Fendi)
4. Edward Snowden, now on the run, was employed with the Hawaii office of which firm?
– Booz Allen Hamilton
5. Fill in the blank/ what is the name of the book?
(Clue – The title of the book is also the name of a film starring Charlie Chaplin)
– Gold Rush
6. In 1541, reforms implemented by John Calvin banning the wearing of jewels, forced goldsmiths and other jewelers to turn to what new craft, thereby giving birth to a industry?
(Clue – It relates to a common human accessory)
– Watch making/watches
7. In 2013, Italian pen maker, Montegrappa released a model called number ‘4’ which recalls the legendary ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ of Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and a fourth musician. The pioneering Sun Records artists met for one occasion only, and the date on which it occurred was December 4th, 1956. Who is this famous 4th musician?
– Elvis Presley
8. www.jiyobefikarchamps.com is a junior football camp by which company?
– Bajaj Allianz
9. Lead heroine charged Rs. 11/- and the person on whom the story was based on, charged Rs. 1/-. Which 2013 film?
– Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
10. Three letter abbreviation of book missing. What is it?
11. After which country is the largest selling imported vodka named in Russia, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary?
12. British fashion designer is making ‘futuristic’ uniforms for 7500 crew of the Virgin Atlantic. Who?
– Vivienne Westwood
13. Which Ad agency created India’s first telefilm Janam in 1985-86?
(Options – Mudra or Contract or Trikaya Grey)
14. The tagline for Ravi Shankar’s first endorsement, which he did with his daughter Anoushka Shankar, read as “Let us bring harmony to animals”. Which entity?
(Clue – It is in relation to animals and is an organization.)
15. This famous personality moved to Springfield for one episode. Who?
– Julian Assange
16. This two word term was coined in the 1940s by Hindustan Thomson Associated (JWT) to advertise for Horlicks. Which term?
(Clue – It is a two word punch line found in most nutrition lexicons. Horlicks provides you __________ _________)
– Balanced Nutrition
17. According to a survey by Hotels.com, Geneva has overtaken Paris as the most expensive city & New Delhi, has been voted as the cheapest city to buy which food item?
– Club Sandwich
18. According to JRD Tata, a _______ life is a part of an economic life. Which word?
19. What is common to Grameen Bank, Grameen Phone, Gonoshahthaya Grameen Textile and Grameen Cybernet? It is a specific commonality.
– Specific Grameen companies which are for profit.
20. Identify this product.
(Clue – It is the jeweled or decorated version of a simple item we consume almost daily.)
– Faberge Egg