Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz 2013 – Pune – External Track Questions
- WINNER: IBM – Rohit Jain and Arnold D’Souza
- RUNNER UP: Asma Institute of Management – Prof. Raghunandan and Prof. Sudeep
1. Built by Herzoc Demeuron and the Arup Group, it is the home of Bayern Munich, a stadium with a capacity for 72,000 people. Who bought the naming rights of the stadium for a 30 year period?
2. The CEO of the company wanted a short, snappy name for the company, which conveys ‘vitality’, and can be pronounced in any language the same way, reflecting the desire of the company to gain an international position. The first name that was decided was ‘Elan’, but was later changed to its current name. What?
3. This organisation was involved in mapping the Oryx DNA project, similar to the ‘Save The Tiger’ project. Which organisation?
A: The Qatar Foundation
4. This Indian company launched a brand caked ‘Serpina’, acknowledged as the world’s first anti-hypertensive drug in 1934. Which company?
5. ‘I.Am.Auto.’ is a car customization company, where the CEO himself partakes in the production process. Who is the man behind this?
6. This company, after great deliberation and thought, came out with the idea of ‘Maternity Leave’.
1. ID this Indian personality.
– Sanjay Narang from Mars Group
2. Name the author of the book.
– Seth Godin
3. Crossword on NYT containing the entire history of the company. Which one?
4. Identify the logo.
5. Identify the man, after whom a great (clothing) brand is named.
– Vimal Ambani
6. Identify this contributor to Windows.
– Wes Cherry, developer of Solitare
1. Which Tata enterprise has associations with Marks & Spencer, Mango, Zara, etc.
2. Joint venture between Tata Group and Poltrona Frau Group, involving luxury furnishing and interior decoration.
A: Casa Décor
3. This started out as a support system for Tata Companies (Buzzer pressed)
4. Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Buzzer pressed)
– Cholayil Group
– Tommy Hilfiger
– Tata Global Beverages
– Godrej Hershey’s
1. In 1983, Kerala Newsprint Project was acquired by HPL and was named?
A: Hindustan Newsprint
2. The name derives from the Arabic word ‘union’.
A: Etihad Airways
3. His brother is the chairman of the Sakaal Media Group.
A: Sharad Pawar (Pratap Pawar)
Questions jotted down by Kaustuv Das.