Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Pune
- WINNER: TCS – Ms.Abha Shah and Suchir Sen
- RUNNER UP: Tata Sky – Vivek Koka and Arjun Siva
1. This was originally introduced in 1951 as part of the Festival of Britain Celebrations. Because of its success and popularity, it has become a global annual event. What is this event?
A: The Miss World beauty pageant
2. Which Indian organization owns the Screen Awards?
A: The Indian Express group
3. This was the first European football club to come out with an IPO and listed in the London Stock Exchange. Which club?
A: Tottenham Hotspurs
4. This subsidiary of Fosters is the sponsor on the jerseys of the Australian cricket team when they play overseas. What are we talking about?
A: Victoria Bitter
5. Ages ago, while testing and tasting this product, a hundred caskets were laid out and all had to be sampled. Out of this one was selected. What are we talking about?
A: Vat 69
6. Pepsi has a vitamin-enriched variation that was first seen in Back to the Future Part II. It is a fictional drink, set in 2015, and PepsiCo is considering launching this variation in 2015 to commemorate the film. What is the name of this variation?
A: Pepsi Perfect
1. Why did United Air name one of their planes after Thomas Stuker?
– First person to have 1 million frequent flier miles.
2. Grit, Guts and Gumption, authored by Rajesh Chakrabarti, is a book based on which famous Indian enterprise?
– State Bank of India
3. ‘What if we were 75 years old’ was the tagline used in the vintage representation of which modern enterprise?
4. Identify the brand from the image.
5. Rahul Roushan, an alumni of IIM-A, started a website which was acquired by the online news website FirstPost. Which website?
6. Identify the company.
– Greengold Animation (creators of Chhota Bheem)
1. The Tatas created an interesting concept to motivate children and inspire them about entrepreneurship. What?
A: Tata Jagrati Express
2. In March 2009, this construction giant received the contract to supply steel for the manufacture of aircraft carriers by the Royal Navy. In the legal battle, what was the name of the applicant?
3. It contains TSRF technology and destroys bacteria.What?
A: Tata Swach
4. Nani Palkhivala was the second chairman of which Tata company?
A: Tata Consultancy Services
1. When the value of investments increase, but the owner does not intend to sell the stocks anytime in the future, then that increase in profits is reflected as what sort of profits?
A: Paper Profit
2. Cheesesteak factories have been opening across the globe due to a trend set by a popular television show and its characters. What is this credited to?
A: The Big Bang Theory
3. Singer and actor, Dhanush, has signed on with what brand to retain the ‘freshness’ of the brand. Which brand?
A: Centre Fresh
4. Which product brand name derives its name from the bacteria Strepsococcus?
1. Founded as an American messenger company in 1907, by Casey and Ryan.
2. Belgium conferred the Commander of the Order of Leopold II to which Indian businessman, born in 1949?
A: Naresh Goyal (Chairman of Jet Airways)
3. The management thinker Joseph Juran first suggested this, and named it after an Italian economist. What?
A: Pareto Analysis
Questions jotted down by Kaustuv Das.