Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Ranchi – Preliminary Round Questions
RSP Sail – SS Panda and Sampad Mishra
- RUNNER UP:
Vodafone Spacetel – Vikas Dugar and Manoj Rajan Satapathy
1. This travel company opened its office in India in 1949.Later acquired by Zurich based Kuoni Travel . How do we know this outbound travel Company?
2. A stock market condition which is neither bullish nor bearish is known as ___. Fill in the blank.
Ans: Chicken Market.
3. Gmail as we know was earlier derived from another free service named after a cartoon character. Which?
4. Khuswant Singh wrote in 1970’s: ”Soon little ________ will be seen running all over India, from Kashmir to Kanyakumari”. Fill in the blank.
Ans: Maruti Cars.
5. Identify the Brand?
6. X has its roots in Essco Sanitations, a bath-fittings company that Rajesh Mehra’s father N.L. Mehra started in 1960. Identify.
7. Quote by whom? “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”
Ans: Sam Walton
8.This word in Latin comes up to pebble /abacus. There is a character in Tintin by this name. It is also a modern name in Mathematicas. What?
9. Originally the company was to be called Pequod, after a whaling ship from Moby-Dick, but this name was rejected by some of the co-founders. The company was instead named after the chief mate on the Pequod. What?
10. Identify the product from the advertisement.
11. First made by Vic Wills in 1961 for his newborn grandchild, identify this brand of baby products now marketed by P&G.
12. Made by Stephanie Kwolek in 1971, this product was five times stronger than steel. It finds wide application in security industries nowadays. What?
13. “We couldn’t improve the product so we improved the tube”, was the advertisement in 1908. Which product?
14. Expand PAN.
Ans: Permanent Account Number.
15. She is worth $ 12.7 billion Dollars, identify this lady from the world of business.
Ans: Abigail Johnson, President, Financial Services, Fidelity Investments
16. Roger Federer,Thiery Henry & Rahul Dravid endorsing which product.
17. It is an investment position intended to offset potential losses/gains that may be incurred by a companion investment in Currency market. What?
18. What in Indian Sports changed ownership from Deccan Chronicle to the Sun Netrwork last year?
Ans: Deccan Chargers IPL Team
19. This $75 billion dollar corporate split into two parts – News Corp and ___. Fill in the blank.
Ans: 21ST Century Fox.
20. Who wrote the book?
Ans: Malcom Gladwell
– Questions contributed by S.S. Panda and Sampad Mishra. They also happen to be the winners of this leg of Crucible. Many congratulations to them!