Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2013 – Vizag – Preliminary Round Questions
Vizag Steel : J Rahul and AGK Murthy
- RUNNER UP:
Vizag Steel : Sudhanshu Choudhary and Bira Sudhakar
1) Who has become the brand ambassador for Mahindra and Mahindra Tractors?
2) Which Scotch whisky brand have launched a new cinema and advertising campaign entitled ‘Live with Chivalry’?
3) Louis moved from Frankfurt to London to sell a Prussian blue colour, which was made using his own formula, by 1790 was selling nineteen different pigments as well as Black Lead, Sulphur, Sealing Wax and Mustard. Which led to the formation of which company?
4) Tiruvellore Thattai (1899–1974) was a founding member of the first Governing Body of NCAER, the National Council of Applied Economic Research in New Delhi, India’s first independent economic policy institute established in 1956, graduated from Madras Christian College (MCC), he was a visiting professor to the department of economics at MCC. He resigned from the position twice. He was popularly known as TTK. He was also a member of drafting committee, an entrepreneur and congress leader. Expand ‘K’ in TTK?
5) “Being Human” is non-profit charitable organization, an NGO started by which Bollywood superstar?
6) Which company pioneered refrigerant Freon?
7) The Jnanpith Award was instituted in 1961 by the publishers of which newspaper?
Times of India
8) Which is Asia’s biggest plastic company?
9) Value of a car is $650, buy a better car?
10) Which was the first Indian bank to open an international branch in London?
Bank of India
11) In budget speeches mention of Varuna and which goddess frequently appear?
12) Identify the AD?
Bacardi – Champions drink responsibly campaign.
13) Identify the logo?
Citreon – Double Chevron logo
14) Founded on March 14 1888 by Kandathil Varghese Mappillai and as a joint stock publishing company it became the first joint stock publishing company of Republic of India?
15) Identify the author?
Philip A Fisher
16) The die-hard fans who, disillusioned by the reality that the footlong sub they regularly feast on is only 11-inches long, have filed lawsuits claiming the sandwich giant has cheated its customers of millions of dollars worth of dough?
17) “The Grey Lady” is a nickname of which publishing giant?
The New York Times
18) KS Energy Drinks are from which group?
19) Identify the AD?
20) Identify the one being conferred the award?
– Review by Mr. Sudhakar of Vizag Steel.