Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Vizag – Preliminary Round Questions
Vizag Steel : AGK Murthy and J Rahul
- RUNNER UP:
Vizag Steel : Santanu Dey and Sabyasachi Pani
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) “How pleasant a world would be in which no man was allowed to operate on the Stock Exchange unless he could pass and examination in economics and Greek poetry, and in which politicians were obliged to have a competent knowledge of history and modern novels.” Is the quote by?
A. Bertrand Russell in Praise of Idleness and Other Essays
2) Which is the official magazine of the English football club Manchester United; issues are published every four weeks, resulting in 13 issues per year. The editor is Ian McLeish, who became editor-in-chief for the February 2006 issue, after the title was purchased by the Haymarket Network from Future plc?
A. Inside United
3) Which Indian fashion designer in July 2009, has been roped in by Women’s International Cricket League (WICL) to bring a twist of fashion and design into women’s cricket apparel?
A. Masaba Gupta
4) This car brand derives its name from two words meaning Land and King?
A. Hyundai Terracan
5) It has been owned by one of Finland’s wealthiest families, the Herlin family. The firm is one of the largest manufacturers of elevators and escalators worldwide?
6) The 3C’s model by Kenichi Ohmae points out that a strategist should focus on three key factors for success. In the construction of a business strategy, three main players must be taken into account The Customer, The Competitors and The ______?
7) The original bottle design (1970–2000) is the work of the Finnish designer Tapio Wirkkala. The current bottle design “Glacial Ice” (2011) is a work of the Harri Koskinen, Kenneth Hirst and Alex Loa. The design is meant to evoke melting ice. Today the brand is wholly owned by Brown-Forman?
A. Finlandia Vodka
A. Alfred Irénée du Pont
9) Weight: 437 grams or 0.96 pounds, Circumference: 69 cm, Water Absorption: 0.2% (low and should retain the shape and weight even if it’s raining) are the specification of?
10) Acuvue Contact Lens products are marketed by which pharma major?
A. Johnson & Johnson
11) Whose logo?
A. Merrill Lynch
12) In 2010, Vijay Govindarajan’s paper “Stop the Innovation Wars” was recognized as one of the three best papers published by the Harvard Business Review, receiving the second place prize for which award?
A. McKinsey Award
13) Which product came into existence in 1916, in Virudhunagar under Mr. P.V.S.K. Palaniappa Nadar; it is one of the very few indigenous soft-drink manufacturers in India that survived the onslaught of take-overs by multinational giants Pepsi and Coca Cola, during the mid-1990s?
14) People with a _______ of 30 or higher, considered obese, pay on average 22 % more to buy health insurance in the individual market, according to data released by eHealthInsurance.com?
15) What is named after James Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, a British Army Major General who led the Charge of the Light Brigade at the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War?
16) Which company gets its name from a character in Greek mythology, who walked out to battle Achilles and considered a superior fighter?
A. Hector Beverages
17) He was born in 1983 out of three narrative stories sent by Sameer Salman from Trichy. The concept was rendered into the comic format with illustrations by artist Ram Waeerkar?
18) What is this?
A. 1st Issue of New Yorker
19) Founded by Satish Ranjan Das in 1935, this prestigious institute alumnus includes Rajiv Ganghi, Naveen Patnaik, Gautam Thapar, Analjit Singh, Vittal Mallya, Abhinav Bindra, etc?
A. The Doon School
20) Whose logo?
A. Lada Logo
Questions on Mr. Sudhakar of Vizag Steel.