Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Ahmedabad – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Endeavor Careers – Kushan Patel and Meghshyam Shirodkar
- RUNNER UP: Triton Communication – Mahesh Manjawala and Mayur Rana
Regional Round Questions:
1. Which colour was discussed for its ability to be noticed in peripheral vision at a conference attended by paint experts from Du Pont & Pittsburg Paints , known for its ability?
Ans. Yellow colour.
[ 1. Charles Yardley junior 2. In 2009, Wipro had acquired Yardley’s businesses in Asia, Middle East, North Africa and Australasia for Rs 210 crore. 3. Video of Windsor Castle which is situated in London. The brand started in London and also received the Royal Warrant. 4. Yardley’s signature scent is English Lavender, which was launched in 1873 ]
3. Identify the significance of the coin.
Ans. Roger Bannister’s sub-four-minute miles run in 1954
4. Which ice cream brand christened by Reuben Mattus was given an exotic, family European-sounding name which in fact meant nothing?
Ans. HAAGEN DAZS
5. Which three letter unique identifier would refer to a lieutenant who died in an airplane crash near San Diego on September 4, 1913, becoming the 10th fatality in US army aviation history?
Ans. LUV – Reference to Dallas Love Field
6. Identify the missing word
7. What were nervous customers given at the top while trying out the world’s first escalator in 1898 at Harrods?
8. Identify the country
Ans. Frugal Engineering
[1. The term was coined by Carlos Ghosn, the joint chief of Renault and Nissan, who stated, “frugal engineering is achieving more with fewer resources.” 2. “First break all the rules: The charms of frugal innovation”. The Economist. Navi Radjou and Jaideep Prabhu coauthored the book ‘Frugal Innovation: How to Do More With Less’ published worldwide by The Economist. 3. In India, the words “Gandhian” or “jugaad”, Hindi for a stop-gap solution, are sometimes used instead of “frugal”. 4. Example of the concept : In 2005, the MIT already suggested the conception of a 100 USD computer for developing countries through the project “One Laptop per Child” which would have been deployed in almost 1.5M units. ]
10. Which painter was granted the rights to reproduce 12 paintings from his collection after receiving a contract from Joyce Hall, founder of Hallmark Cards?
Ans. Winston Churchill
11. Which dance studio was co-founded by Charles Casanave, Chester Casanave along with a famous person in 1947?
Ans. Fred Astaire
12. This was an Airline It was originally called Orient . It went on to become what?
Ans. Pakistan International Airlines
13. Which design by Theyre Lee-Elliot was later stylized in 1997 along with art & designs from international artists & other sources to represent countries where the company had presence?
Ans. British Airways Livery & Speedbird logo.
14. What is Nia Effect in consumer behaviour & marketing?
Ans. Preference of short brand names over long ones.
15. Identify the brand
Ans. Toilet Duck
16. What is the name of Bob Parson’s domain register company?
17. Fill in the blank- In the scripts for Fit the Fourth of the radio series, Deep Though was asked if it is not a greater analyst than the _____________Starthinker in the Seventh Galaxy of Light & Ingenuity which can calculate the trajectory of every single
18. Identify the personality
Ans. Mahinda Rajapaksha
Ans. NCR Corporation
[1.The company began as the National Manufacturing Company of Dayton, Ohio, which was established to manufacture and sell the first mechanical cash register, invented in 1879 by James Ritty. 2. In the 1950s NCR introduced MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) 3. Milana Vayntrub playing the “Lily Adams” character in a series of AT&T television commercials. NCR was acquired by AT&T in 1991. 4. Thomas Watson was a famous salesman of NCR who later founded IBM.]
20. Which personality created the ‘Believe Foundation’ in 2006 to help terminally ill children. The artist has created her first fragrance for men as ‘Rogue Man ‘
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL, Bhopal