Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Goa – Regional Finals Questions
- WINNER: Savoir Faire India – Rajiv D’Silva and Harshvardhan Bhatkuly
- RUNNER UP: Splash! Communication – Ameya Mardolkar and Aniruddha Sengupta
Q.1.In 1938, a Swiss chemistry student, named Franz Greiter was effected by a certain medical while climbing mountain Piz Buin. This on the swiss Austrian border. He then set out to invent a effective remedy of the same, he came up with a brand in 1946. Its extremely popular brand in the world.Today its got modified into a cream. Name the brand.
Ans. Glacier cream
2. Launched on June 14,1967 it was touted as the “first newspaper for the full computer community”.
Ans. Computer World
4. The product became so popular in Italy that food stores started a service called “The Smearing”. What are we talking about?
5. Boston Globe’s Beijing Asia Correspondent. Editor-in-chief of NewsX. Passed away recently.
Ans. Jehangir Pocha
6. It was sometimes called “ Goring-Schnaps after Hermann Goring who was appointed Imperial Gamekeeper.
7. This article of Gary Worlf, titled ‘The Curse of Xanadu’ in the wired magazine states: ”It was the most radical computer dream of the hacker era. ______ _______’s Xanadu project was supposed to be the universal, democratic hypertext library that would help human life evolve into an entirely new form. Instead it became a famous vaporware project- a 30-year saga. Who are we talking about?
Ans. Ted Nelson (coined the term hypertext)
8. His Last word.
Ans. “Just do it”- the tagline of Nike , by Gary Gilmore
9. Bharti Enterprises has agreed to sell a majority stake in which of its group company to a unit of US-based Brightstar Corp
10. What did this two create?
Ans. National Geographic
[Afghan Girl (real name Sharbat Gula ) is a 1984 iconic photographic portrait by photographer Steve McCurry which appeared on the June 1985 cover of National Geographic. John Capstock also a National Geographic photograher. Steve McCurry National Geographic photograher famous for capturing momentous events as the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II]
12. Sometime in early 1932, SS Itaquicê, left Rio in Brazil with a 69 member crew, and 50,000 pounds of coffee in a novel, but unsuccessful attempt. What were they attempting?
Ans. The Olympic
13. Invented by Omar Knedlik in the late 1950s; Knedlik hired artist Ruth E.Taylor to create a name (original) and logo for his invention. Name the product.
14. As the image was not clear , so any reader who witnessed the quiz may send the picture and due credit will be given to the contributor.
Ans. Amul print Ad
15. What commercial area in Delhi was named after Khan Abdul Jabbar Khan, The republican party head and former chief minister of West Pakistan ?
Ans. Khan Market established in 1951
16. They were considered an important over the bowling pin-shaped “Hamilton” ones, which tended to slip easily and roll off surfaces- the new design thus became standard across the British Empire. Soon turning into a prized item, they are found in India and Japan- used in Japan for Ramune. What are we talking about?
Ans. Goli / Goti Soda bottle
17. Amar Chitra Katha comics “ quite conquerer “ . About whom?
Ans. JRD TATA
18.Identify the Logo.
Ans. Swami Vivekananda
[IISC Bangalore is the outcome of an accidental meeting between Jamsedji N. Tata and Swami Vivekananda on a ship in 1893. Special youth program is dedicated to him. Raipur Airport is named after Swami Vivekananda.Vivek express is the longest route train of Indian Railways.]
Ans. Harper Collins
[Founder Remington. K L Saigal worked as a typewriter salesman for Remington. Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist in Remington Steele (American television series). Two crossed Remington rifles with bayonets indicating Guatemala’s willingness to defend itself by force if need be]
22. Name the Advertiser.
23. It is estimated that investors lost Rs.1.5 trillion due to insurance mis-selling . Mint newspaper famously quoted it as “The _____ rip-off was an institutional defrauding of the small investors” and covered it in an article _____Rips off Consumers.
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal of BHEL,Bhopal