Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Lucknow – Regional Finals Questions
- WINNER : Ms. Sheetal Verma and Rajan Shukla
- RUNNER UP : Sanjit Dutta and Chandan Shahi
1. This is a famous man ,his first name is Billy,as a good cricketer he later went on to become a manufacturer along with a friend of his .There are two names constituted a great brand in the world of cricket . Which brand in the world of cricket was created by Billy and his friend? Which company did he cofound?
Ans. Gunn & Moore
2.Who is considered the father of venture capital?
Ans. Arthur Rock
3.What became popular after these two events- One was a huge order placed by a contractor for naval flying suits. The other was in 1923 when BF Goodrich started manufacturing rubber overshoes with them ?
4. Who joined the board of Lakme in 1961 & was appointed as the Managing Director in 1964 ,this was followed by taking over as Chairman of the Board in 1982?
Ans. Simone Tata
5. Who designed a line of sunglasses for TAG Heuer & also created a line of shoes for Cole Haan? Her most interesting collaboration was with Frank Gehry to come up with items of jewellery for Tiffany?
Ans. Maria Sharapova
6. Which US city was known for watches & is called the “Brass City”
Ans. Water Burry
Ans. Brasilian National Soccer Team
(Vivo, Guarana Antartica, Gatrode, Gillete Commercial featuring Rahul Dravid)
8. What invention got a patent for Joseph Glidden in 1874?
Ans. Barbed Wire
9. In the 1930s , Alec Waugh called it ‘ the bible of cricket’
Ans: Reseach Online , Purchase offline
11. Who was the project manager for Microsoft Bob, Microsoft Encarta , & Expedia was also Person of the year 2005?
Ans. Melinda Gates
12.After whom is the filter in Instagram that increases saturation & temperature named?
13. The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s known as ’pomodori’, the plural of the Italian word pomodoro which refers to what edible item?
14.Which township gets its name from the Gujarati word for ‘salt’
15. ________ ___________ sales are typically organized by non-profit organizations such as churches & schools to raise money for a charity cause or a special occasion like Easter or Mother’s Day?
Ans. White Elephant
16. They are the founders of?
Ans. Founders of Harley Davidsons
17. Identify the names associated to a company?
Ans. Dun & Bradstreet (named after them)
18.He is 44 & resident of New York, his net worth was $8.5 billion in 2008, his source of Wealth is investments, Occupation : corporate raider & author. Who is this?
Ans. Gordon Gekko (fictional character of the film “ Wall Street”)
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal