Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Bangalore – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: IAME- Prasad Shetty and Sunil Rao
- RUNNER UP: Oracle- Mitesh and Yaggi
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Due to divorce, whose Nobel Prize money was deposited in a Swiss bank for his wife to draw on the interest for herself and capital for the sons? (Hint: Scientist)
Ans. Albert Einstein
2. What type of product was first manufactured by Coopers (Predecessor of Jockey)? Its factory name was Brief Style 1001.
Ans. Mens Wear
3. Fictional Soap Opera couple Luke Spencer and Laura Webber from General Hospital made the term famous in pop culture. What term?
Ans. Super Couple/ Power Couple
4. What is so special about these Kiyaa Dolls?
Ans. Indian dolls
5. Who is called “The conscience and Mother Teresa of Economics”?
Ans. Amartya Sen
6. Which filmmaker collaborated with software publishers Knowledge Adventure for a video game- Director’s Chair?
Ans. Steven Spielberg
7. The proposed name was “Pants & Discs”. How do we know this brand better? (Hint: 3 letters)
8. Bhel Bar is produced by which Bangalore based Entity?
9. Which brand name can be derived from the anagram “Expands”? It was created by Matt Donkersloot and Taylor Lindsay?
10. Modern version of which toy was created by Richard Knerr and Aurthur Melin? It is similar to the name of a Hawaiian dance.
Ans. Hula Hoop
11. Which tea brand holds the world’s oldest continually used logo?
12. Identify this personality. Her name is ______ Weinman. ____ .com is a 1.5 Billion dollar entity.
13. Large scale machines to manufacture a snack was invented in the nineteenth century by Charles Creator. Which popular snack?
Ans. Pop Corn
14. The logo of this entity was inspired by an inmate of London Zoo in 1961- the same year as this entity was started. Which entity?
15. In 2005, which cricketer signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with Asia Pacifc’s largest telephone audio production company “Messages on Hold”?
Ans. Sharne Warne
16. This is Neelam Joha, First Indian model of a brand associated with war. Which brand?
17. Which philanthropic organisation along with Mira Nair produced the movie Blood Brothers?
Ans. Bill and Melinda Gates
18. Which airline was launched as a pilot project by Prafful Patel, the then Aviation Minister? This airline provides commercial sea plane services based out of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Ans. Jal Hans
19. Quote by Jack Welch- The Internet is the ________ of big business. He said in the context of how big the internet can grow.
20. Crown Centre is an 85 acre campus in Kansas, owned by?
Questions contributed by Vaishnavi Rao