Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Delhi – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: RBS – Pankaj Jain and Abhinav Kishore
- RUNNER UP: Hero Motocorp – Pankaj Jindal and Prashanth Potana
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Yale Locks, patented by Linus Yale in 1861. This invention is synonymous with a particular community in the need of an infallible ‘magic’ lock. Which community?
2. K-Way, Jesus Jeans- are some of its sub brands, Holding Company- BasicNet & JJ Robison. Identity is somewhat controversial. What?
3. Name this tourism company. The name is a German word for ‘brave’. It was started by Alfred in 1906.
4. News of the Food pic- Appeared in NY Times 1944. Product popular in Southern Italy. Offered here in US for home consumption. What food?
5. Which Indian company adopted villages in Varanasi and 25 master weavers designing of Banarasi drapes rich in color and texture?
Ans. Taj Hotels.
6. Which is Latin American country is the first to make growing, selling, consuming marijuana legal?
7. Which controversial financial sector instrument was regulated first by state of Travancore in 1914?
Ans. Chit Funds
8. Brooke Shields ad campaign – _______________ comes between me and my Calvins. Fill in the blank.
9. Since 2005, which “Own” lady has been topping Forbes’ list of richest celebrities?
Ans. Oprah Winfrey
10. Name the computer brand whose name is derived from a genus of trees and shrubs- Maple? Name comes from Latin word for ‘sharp’?
11. Sita Air, Buddha Air, Garuda, Yeti Air, Shree Air are all carriers from which country?
12. Which is the corporation?
Ans. Home Depot
13.Who is behind the charity called Swades Foundation?
Ans. Ronnie Screwvala
Q14. From which Shakespeare work is the line – ‘All that glitters is not gold’ found?
Ans. Merchant of Venice
Q15. Name this type of transportation whose name is derived from the Japanese word for ‘human powered vehicle’?
16. Identify whale associated with this design?
17. What GI is designed into process categories such as Jangla , Cutwork and Tissue, Tanchoi, etc?
Ans. Banarasi Sarees
18. Which iconic brand was founded in 1902 as Hendee Manufacturing Company by George Hendee to manufacture bicycles? Later bought over by Polaris.
Ans. Indian Motorcycles
19. Guillotine, Punch Cut, V Cut – are varieties of which implement? In India, they are manufactured by ITC.
20.Identify the brand.
Ans. Royal Enfield
Questions contributed by Shubhodeep Jash.