Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Guwahati – Preliminary Round Questions
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Which Indian Businessman was kidnapped in 1997 in Ahmedabad and was also trapped inside Taj Mahal hotel when it was attacked on Nov 26?
Ans: Gautam Adani
2. Which country has the maximum number of LinkedIn users?
3. Which website for Online shopping means ‘searching for treasure’ in Chinese?
4. ‘The Course of my Life’ is the autobiography of which Indian who was closely related to RBI?
Ans: CD Deshmukh
5. What was launched in 1944 in the USA as a replacement brand by Wrigley due to rationing of gum-making ingredients in World War II?
6. Which watch brand was used for the first time in sports during the international ballooning for the Gordon Bennet Cup in 1909?
7. In Pakistan, which brand is so popular for decades that the generic word used for any detergent is the name of this brand?
8. Which is the only card brand that is accepted at all Olympic venues?
9. Who was the first Indian Prime Minister who signed on currency notes?
Ans: Manmohan Singh
10. Who was the longest serving Finance Minster of India?
Ans: Morarji Desai
11. Whom did Esquire Magazine in 1960 describe as “lean, relaxed outdoorsman, a cattle rancher, a Navy Officer, a flyer, whose tattooed wrist suggested a romantic past, a man who had once worked with his hands, who knew the score, who merited respect”?
Ans: Marlboro Man
12. “It was 1983 and I was working with Indian Airlines when I happened to win a lottery to buy the first……..produced in India. Rajiv Gandhi, who was then a pilot with Indian Airlines, announced me the winner. I bought it as a gift for my wife Gulshanbeer Kaur”. What?
Ans: First Maruti car
13. ‘Urzza’ is an energy drink from which brand?
14. Who, in 1943, co-founded Travancore Chemical and Manufacturing company along with Dr. Krishnamurthy?
Ans: Dr. CV Raman
15. Who trademarked the phrase “India ka Tyohaar”?
16. “Sometimes there’s a bit of a pain in achieving more”, says this brand’s ATL campaign during Mumbai Marathon. Which brand?
17. Antonio Latini’s 1694 book of recipe ‘Lo scalco alla moderna’ had a handful of recipes using X and included the first published recipe for something using X. What?
18. ‘Dil ki deal’ ad featuring Aamir Khan. Identify the company?
19. The company was founded in Santiago de Cuba in 1862 and in 1910, became the nation’s first multinational company when it opened its operation in Spain?
20. Identification of logo of Google Maps.
Questions contributed by Kumar Shivam! He runs a Quiz Page in Facebook named Quizzing India (www.facebook.com/
quizzingindia) and was the East Zone Champion and National Finalist of Tata Crucible Campus Quiz 2015.