Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Hyderabad – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Sai Mitra Constructions – Naveen Kumar and Phani Mahesh
- RUNNER UP: Google India – Ms. Ananya Bhaskar and Hari Shenoy
Preliminary Round Questions:
1) What was designed to depict a winged woman holding on to atom and the statuette “has since become the symbol of the TV Academy’s goal of supporting and uplifting the art and science of television: The wings represent the muse of art; the atom the electron of science”?
Ans. Emmy Awards
2) The beluga whale was created by Yiying Lu, on which site did it become world famous?
3)What is the ‘formal’ American legal term for an incomplete financial instrument?
Ans. Blank Cheque
4) With whom would you associate Bad Boy Premium Vodka?
Ans. Dennis Rodman
5) Which famous writer was a junior employee at HSBC’s London office in Lombard Street from 1900 to 1902, and used the bank as an inspiration for some of his early work, especially his 1910 novel Psmith in the City?
Ans. PG Wodehouse
6) In 1925, what was sold by con artist Victor Lustig for scrap metal on two separate, but related occasions?
Ans. Eiffel Tower
7) What name has taken a generic meaning and has come to be associated with great wealth. Gemologists use this classification to denote a diamond with a complete (or almost-complete) lack of nitrogen; the material is also referred to as “2A”?
8) Reprise Records was formed by?
Ans. Frank Sinatra
9) In 1969, what was coined by Jack Trout as a game people play in today’s me-too market place in the publication Industrial Marketing?
10) Which traveler introduced the concept of banknotes to Europe in 13th century?
11) It became a fashionable brand of the era, and became associated with Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack. Which Scotch whisky was requested by Sinatra, along with other spirits brands backstage at performances, also sponsored Frank Sinatra’s Diamond Jubilee Tour in 1990?
Ans. Chivas Regal
12) Identify the logo.
Ans. Mozilla Public License (Free Open Source Software Licence)
13) From 1947, when the first Indian budget was tabled to 1950, at which famous place were the budget documents printed?
Ans. Rashtrapati Bhavan
14) Which company’s seven pointed star logo was inspired by a lone star in the sky which Captain Peter saw while praying when his wife was seriously ill?
15) “Cohn-Brandt-Cohn Film Sales” was founded in 1918 by brothers Jack and Harry Cohn and Joe Brandt. How do we know this company now?
Ans. Columbia Pictures
16) With whom would you associate “Unsquashanble”?
Ans. Jahangir Khan
17) Which company’s NYSE ticker symbol is TOM?
Ans. Tommy Hilfiger
18) The Chinese name for what company founded by two former air force pilots comes from a Chinese idiom ‘Grand and Peaceful State’?
Ans. Cathay Pacific
19) Celebration Florida was developed by?
Ans. Walt Disney
20) What word do you associate with this image?
Ans. Bellwether- Sheep that leads the flock
Questions contributed by Naveen Kumar.