Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Indore– Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Connekt Technologies – Vikas P and Tarang G
- RUNNER UP: BHEL Bhopal – Debasish Mandal and Vivek Pathak
Preliminary Round Questions:
1.What was started as a motion picture film format and a set of cinema projection standards created by the Canadian company, developed by Graeme Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, Robert Kerr, and William C. Shaw?
Ans. IMAX (an acronym for Image MAXimum)
2. The Ediswan company was formed in 1883 with the collaboration of Swan United Electric Light Company with the merger of another company. If Joseph Swan was from Swan United Electric Light Company then who is the other collaborator?
3. Which instiutes were set up by the 22 member committee headed by Sri N.R.Sarkar, in its report, recommended the establishment of Institutions in the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern regions of India?
4. This optician brand started in 1877, started by two Jewish families , with the inauguration of its first showroom in Calcutta (Kolkata) a few months shortly after Queen Victoria declared herself Empress of India. In 1938,it was incorporated Private Limited Company under the leadership and guidance of Mr. I C Mendonsa of Goa. Name the Brand?
Ans. Lawrence & Mayo
5. This is the mascot of which food brand?
6. Henry ford took two vital decision in Ford Motor Company , one was in 1914 by offering a $5 per day wage so which was the other one also connected with number 5?
Ans. 5 days week
7. What was built in 1930, by British aero engineer and aircraft builder Richard Fairey who paid the Vicar of Harmonds worth 15000 pounds for a 150 acre plot to build it to assemble and test aircraft?
8. This is a book written by Bloomberg about whom?
9. Which company created one of the first infant foods in response to the need for a healthy and affordable baby food named as Farine Lactée ?
10. Which organization started EndangeredEmoji Twitter campaign, which prompted the organisation’s supporters to donate through tweeting emojis of endangered animals?
11. There was a series of lawsuits between Mattel and MCA Records that resulted from a 1997 Aqua song mentioning the brand of Mattel. Name the brand of Mattel for which the lawsuit was filed by Mattel?
12. This is the old logo of an online e-commerce company. Name the company?
Ans. Myntra old logo
13. Which Chinese company launched the “Honor” mobile which is famous for largest selling dongle company in India?
14. It was first invented in the 1980s by Hiroshi Ueda, an employee of the Minolta camera company, and was a keen photographer. While travelling in Louvre Museum in Paris, he asked a child to take a photo of them, but the child ran away with his camera. So invented this gadget and later one Canadian Wayne Fromm patented his invention as Quik Pod. The gadget was listed in Time magazine’s 25 best inventions of 2014. How we know this gadget today?
Ans. Selfie Stick
15. The company was founded by Late Mr. Jagjivanbhai Karsanbhai Chandra. He was a man of vision. A Dreamer. An Inventor. A Strategist. And an ingenious master-mind who loved challenges. And like father like son, Mr. Jayantibhai Chandra also joined this mission. He introduced unique diesel version of a vehicle , and soon 150,000 nos. were rolling all over Saurashtra making it easy for passengers. Name this unique vehicle?
16. This is a shoe museum of a world famous company. Name it?
Ans. Bata Shoe Musuem
17. In 1889 two brothers, André Jules along with his brother Édouard, opened a rubber factory in Clermont-Ferrand, France. Name this tyre giant company of the world?
18. Which bank’s slogan is “Empowering Women, Empowering India”?
Ans. Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB)
19. Which dessert was originally prepared by Emperor Jehangir’s wife, Noorjehan, to create and serve for Jehangir, mixing sweetened milk and an array of fruit pulps with crushed ice imported from the frozen Himalayan lakes?
20. Logo of which company?
Ans. Max Life Insurance
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal